Thread: Progress Summary 13/05/2007

Default Progress Summary 13/05/2007

Just thought I would take this opportunity to summarise what we have done, and what's currently under construction. Right now, I am busy upgrading my install to 1.2, so I can make sure it's all compatable and good to go. It will also allow me to make the sprites!

So .... done so far:

Tomb Kings.
    Basic warrior ... all lods and textures done
    Archer ... all lods and textures done
    Spearman ... all lods and textures done
    Skeleton mount ... under construction
    Tomb Swarm ... under test
    Ushabti ... under construction ( awaiting scale of skeleton )

Chaos:
    Marauder foot soldier ... all lods and textures done ( 4 faction options )
    Marauder Light Cavalry ... under construction
    Chaos Warrior ... under construction

Vampire Counts:
    Zombie ... all lods and textures done
    Basic Skeleton ... all lods and textures done
    Skeleton Swordsman ... all lods and textures done
    Skeleton Spearman ... all lods and textures done

Dr Zoidberg has done unit descriptions for the initial factions

Casuir has made a good start on the map and that is progressing nicely.

KnightErrant is making some very interesting progress on animations, and if that all comes to fruition, then we will be starting serious work on a few of the more exotic factions.

Things are looking very good
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Default Re: Progress Summary 13/05/2007

Im thrilled to hear this! I cant' wait! If you need any Lore help, Ill fish out my old warhammer books and be'd happy to lend info!

Great work!

Excellent news, keep up the great work.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Considering this mods inception, it's moving at a good pace. Great to see things happening and can't wait to see the fruit of it. I suggest doing a few battle sceniaros first. We don't even need complete factions. All we need is a few units and a good set up. It would be a fun first start to getting a feel for it.

Anyhoo. Let me know if there's any more work I can do to help this mod along. I've done all my choars allready.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

Hey Bwian,how you rolling the work?What's the progress?(I wanted to tell you some ideas but i have forgotten them now,i might remembered them soon)ok.keep up the good work!!!
    "VAE VICTUS"

oh yes ... we have some progress. Next update is coming this weekend when I have pulled together some of the things that are in progress but not quite done .... soon

Bwian why don't you give some units or somithing like demo (like a battle) for taking an idea of the mod to download,and time to time keep it updating?It's just my humble opinion(because i can't wait any longer.LOL.)this mod rocks.C'mon just a couple of unit,please.But if you don't want it's ok i still can wait until it's ready,keep walking............
    "VAE VICTUS"

We will release something when we are ready. There really is no point ni releasing a couple of units just for some custom battles ... we would have to do a load of balancing now, which we would probably have to re-do when there were more units... and on top of that..you would currently have to download about 70Mb of data for a custom battle if you want the revised anim pack as well that re-scales the Chaos Warriors. It is worth it with everything else...but not on it's own.

You are just going to have to be patient!

ok take your time,I can wait,hope for the best,keep up te good work.is it possible to update the mod to be playable and with the expansion?i'm just thinking,keep up
    "VAE VICTUS"

Bwian where did you go,i don't want to disturb you,it's ok,but there has been a little time without a photo,please give us something to dream for tonight,but above all take your time(and about progress:is it all good?)keep up and Godspeed..........
    "VAE VICTUS"

Oh yes...still makinmg progress. Been working on Orcs and Dwarves, pljus doing a fair bit of messing about with skeletons and animations. It's not visible progress, but it's important. I have also broken down the building text file into a spreadsheet that shows what buildings exist in what levels. Helps me to get an understanding of exactly what is in there, and to look at conditionals for building.