Thread: Screenshots

Default Screenshots

Could any of you, if you have time, post a screenshot of your campaign?

Thanks.

Default Re: Screenshots

Not sure what your after but these are screenshots of my current campaign. as of 5am this morning<yawn>

The Moorish Empire includes the entire of the Iberian Peninsula and North West Africa.

Our Northern borders are under threat from England and France. The English have just landed a small army but it is more than matched by my defensive force guarding the river and will probably sue for peace next turn. The French are about to lay seige to Pamplona, though their general is not likely to live that long given the number of powerful assassin's I have operating in this area. The general of their smaller army has already been assassinated and that army is now heading home.

The Moorish navy dominates the western mediterranean and in the east guards the fortresses of Tunis of Caglian from seaborn invasion by Sicilian and Papal armies. Many christian armies have been sent to watery graves by these ships, though at the moment the enemy are too short of ships to attempt a landing and so my fleets are grouping.
    Last edited by Didz; 05-13-2007 at 15:09.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

This is my sad campaign as of right now.

Sicilly sacked Rome, I lost Corsica to the Spanish, Sardina to Sicilly who then got taken over by Milan, and I lost Florence to the HRE.

I aquired that land from Sicilly in a peace agreement prior to my downfall.
    I'm in debt and I accepted to become a vassal to Milian.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Nice screens both.

Didz what year is that ?
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

My current Sicily Campaign as to date

As you can see, Spain attacked me at some point till he got excommed, and i declared a crusade on him , and even the papal states are getting in on the action (they own quite a few lands really, Marseille, Florence, Corinth, and appear to be aggressing quite a bit for such holy people). The HRE is coming in through the north with me barely holding the lines, meanwhile i have the turks and byzantines falling back into oblivion, since they wanted to be stubborn like Egypt and not even try to surrender

Crappy resize of a gif of why i'm winning turns out, having a unit push back the enemy lines, and having a small one move their ram away from the gate makes em all wanna burn to death in a tower

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me

beware of a crusade Didz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    Nice screens both.

Didz what year is that ?
    1388 AD
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Grace
    beware of a crusade Didz.
    No sign of a Crusade yet. The Pope just ordered one on Antioch which is currently held by the Mongols, who are also at war with the Timurids so it seems the Popes main focus in on the Holy Lands to the East.

Since the 1.2 patch I noticed several factions, in particular the English and Papal States sue for peace as soon as something upsets their plans. Typically, the English land an army in Northern Spain, I sink their fleet, essentially trapping them on the beach, then send a large army to destroy them and they immediately ask for a ceasefire. I grant them a ceasefire, and then they send in a fresh fleet, pick up their army and sail off in the sunset.

Likewise, the Pope has landed several armies on Sardinia laid seige to Caglian, then realised he doesn't have the men to take it and asks for a ceasefire. Once its granted he just collects his army and returns to Rome.

The other interesting thing I've noticed is that when I assassinate a French general the army he was commanding almost always turns tail and marches back to France. At first I thought the AI was just playing tricks and trying to sneak its armies out of trouble by declaring a truce but so far it really does seem withdraw its men from my lands even if it sometimes takes several turns for it to muster the ships to collect them.
    Last edited by Didz; 05-13-2007 at 22:57.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

How much money do you have Didz?

I've started as the moors, in the first 20 turns I launched a jihad against Lisbon and sacked it, usually getting 7000 every turn, not too bad, I'm about to take Timbuktu, I'll set up mines etc.

Both Spain and Portugal have attacked Cordoba, but failed miserably.

Oh, and how do you play as the papal states?

Quote Originally Posted by danobnano
    How much money do you have Didz?
    Depends what you mean by money, the following screen shot shows my latest End of Turn and Financial Summary. The year is 1444 AD

As you can see, not a lot of ready cash, but a pretty healthy income.

Quote Originally Posted by danobnano
    Oh, and how do you play as the papal states?
    I don't think I've ever played the Papal States.
    Last edited by Didz; 05-22-2007 at 16:12.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Holy Roman Emperor Member Frederick_I_Barbarossa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653
    This is my sad campaign as of right now.

Sicilly sacked Rome, I lost Corsica to the Spanish, Sardina to Sicilly who then got taken over by Milan, and I lost Florence to the HRE.

I aquired that land from Sicilly in a peace agreement prior to my downfall.
    I'm in debt and I accepted to become a vassal to Milian.
    Possibly a dumb question, but how did you make Papal States playable?
    Mod Lead for
    EUROPA CRUDUS

Learn more about it or *join the team* HERE

king of my kingdom Member DVX BELLORVM's Avatar

This is my first M2:TW campaign, played as English (M/M). Year is 1420.

I'm surprised by the very slow progress I'm making. When I played RTW (VH/M), I would usually finish the long Imperial campaign by this time (170 turns).

This campaign has been a constant struggle with the lack of money, numerous invasions, and interferences from the Pope. When I finally managed to get things under my control, the plague struck, living me with no money to face the invasion from Denmark and Milan. After some hard fighting, I won, taking two provinces from Milan, and forcing Denmark to became my vassals

I think this was a turning point, after that all is going well. I successfully finished the crusade to Jerusalem, made peace with Mongols and started to build a small empire on the East. I almost conquered entire Iberian peninsula and I'm about to wipe the French from the face of the Earth within the next few turns, thus winning the game.
    As you can see, I had a lot of fun playing M2Tw so far...

I have a question, if you don't mind: do you also experience such a slow pace in the campaign, or is just me, due to the fact that I just started playing this game?
    Last edited by DVX BELLORVM; 05-22-2007 at 16:48.

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DVX BELLORVM
    I have a question, if you don't mind: do you also experience such a slow pace in the campaign, or is just me, due to the fact that I just started playing this game?
    Well, I'm no genius on the battlefield, which back in STW/MTW meant I had to be veeeery carefull planning my battles, the result of which is that I'm a really slow paced player. I don't declare war unless I'm pretty confident I'll win, and win quick at that . Plus, I like keeping small-to-medium sized armies all over the place to deal with brigands, meaning I rarely have lots of cash, which slows me down even more... so you're definitely not alone .

Besides (and that's even more true of 1.2) the AI needs quite some time to get in gear, capture the rebel provinces, build up an economy and some decent forces etc..., time I'm happy enough to give them. I know one could win a Grand Campaign by turn 30 or 40 (there was an animated .gif of an HRE grand campaign won in 12 turns IIRC) if one just rushes all over the place with mercs, but to me it's just no fun. I wanna be the plucky underdog !
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.