Thread: Some bugs

Default Some bugs

Is there a special thread to reveal bugs? Didn't find it so please shift this post to the right place.

I had some bugs recently, one rather annoying.

1. Playing as Makedon on H/M with huge units I seized Serdike. When I hit the "Enslave population" button I got a ctd. After restarting EB everything was fine, the command was accomplished.

2. I lost Ambrakia to an eleutheroi army popping out of nirvana (grr). At the end of my siege of the now rebel (large) town the rebels attacked my forces. In the end I finished the general unit with slingshots. When the general was hit and the kill movie appeared I got a freeze. I was able to close the game with the task manager. After starting EB again everything was fine, the game showed the correct results of the battle.

3. It's now 245 BC and I was besieging Nikaia because AS attacked me first. A full stack AS army of 2600 tried to release and I fought them and the 800+ town people with my full stack army as defender. I tried it 3 times and everytime at the end I got a ctd after I clicked the ok button in the battle results window. After restarting EB I saw the pre-battle window and I had to fight again.

Only solution was to cowardly draw back and let the town go which was not a nice alternative cause of the strategic situation. After the victory of the field army alone I got no ctd. So next trial...
    Last edited by geala; 05-14-2007 at 11:11.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

Default Re: Some bugs

I'm not sure about number 3, but Im sure the first two are rtw bugs. 1 happens sometimes with enslave population I believe, and is just a random ctd. 2 the game freezes when two events happen at the same time, which I believe must be what happened to you. Minimising the game and then going back in might work, I have heard.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

"Bug reports and technical help" is the place to post this.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ups, never really looked above the stickies, sry.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)