Thread: Heavy cav killes elephants

Default Heavy cav killes elephants

I just tried in custom battle on ver. 1.02 to kill elephants whith heavy cav. And i won. One noble knight whit 3 exp. and armor and weapon upgrades killed elephant whith 6 exp. points. It was close but it worked every time. It works whit imperial knights to. To imperial knights or noble ones on 3 exp. kill any kind of elephant whith weapon upgrade and 9 point exp (3 gold chevrons). This is to good to be true. I can produce tons of these gays whith no problem. And this is only if i dont have horse breeder guild, and i don use lancers or gothik knights. The Timurids are death.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Heavy cav killes elephants

Its mainly because shields are fixed and the previously weaker ap cav is now quite powerful, especially against the lightly armoured elephants
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Well you are basically right, but lancers kill them very good. Familia ducale on the onther hand failles. I mean that you need 2 units of them to kill elephant whith 3 gold chevrons and weapon upgrade. Normal ones whith silver chevrons are not a problem. It is the same whith the Quapaculu (or what ever). But any way it is not a problem. Just build allot of them, kill the beast and have fun.

Uhm.... You wont be fighting the timurids in 1 on 1 battles, now will you? Remember the enormous morale penalty of elephants, missile fire, artillery and the dreadful generals...

Not that I'm saying it wouldn't work of course.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

hasn't worked for me so far.

Attacking elephants with horses = frightened horse pancakes

fire arrows all the way - god I love it when they run amok just as the heavy lancers are pushing through them for the charge

mwuhHAHAHAHAHAHA
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.