Thread: Aha,my great general

Default Aha,my great general

Being used to the fact that in vanilla rtw a general is most of the times very useful being a governor of a city i have recently understood that it is not so in EB.
    Playing as epeirus i decided to put a governor in massalia(my westernmost territory) to calm down the unrest.But to my surprise matters only got worse in the province upon his arrival.
    I checked his traits (thoroughly for once) and he had a myriad of negative traits that made him a blubberring idiot
    MORAl: check your generals carefully

Now i have to think what to do with him
    Maybe a suicidal mission against the anverni would be a fitting gift for his services

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: Aha,my great general

I find such wastes of perfectly good air can excuse their existence by running around your empire setting up watchtowers (so the guys actually worth something can focus on doing their stuff), and as cavalry officers under more impressive relatives if there's room in the army.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

I like to use them to set up watchtowers, rebel patrol, and act as a merc ambassador. They're great to send around all over the place to recruit troops, which can be sent to your good generals.

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

I usually send them (alone) to build a fort into an enemy province, and to make guard duty...

until an enemy full stack ends up being invited to the fort...

I wonder if generals like these can gain some positive traits if they stay doing garrison duty in cities with academies?
    Or is it a long process not really worth the time.
    And there is always the danger of them having offsprings that would have the "like their father"

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

They can get positive traits from academies, but once they are properly spoiled that won't save them or make them any better. So the academy treatment might help with his son, while he is still 16.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

It seems like all of my generals/governors round out when they become middle aged. My good ones become mediocre and my bad ones become sub-par governors.