Thread: how to change "charge" in missle cavarly?

Default how to change "charge" in missle cavarly?

How can you change the charge effectiveness in cavarly that is primarily skirmish or missle? The heavy parthian archers that also have lances are one example of a unit that should at least have an impact at all. The charge for these units is useless. I edited the charge factor from primary and the secondary attack charge factor raising the charge bonus to 63 but if the unit is missle designated or skirmish it wont kill even 1, while if a charge is 63 for a regular unit itll kill about 15-20. any way to get this more realistic?

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: how to change "charge" in missle cavarly?

They've always worked fine for me.

Maybe what you're talking about is missle cavalry armed with knives/swords for secondary... Naturaly they don't get such a large charge bonus.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: how to change "charge" in missle cavarly?

You sure youre not confusing the charge value of the missile weapon here ? It of course has zero effect on the secondary weapon...
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

There is a correlation between the armour stat of the unit as well as it's charge bonus from what I've gathered.

But then again I've been very wrong before, modding isn't my forte.

ok i tested it out using the "Daha Uazdaettae" unit. Im positive theres no extra charge bonus. when charging they pull their lances out and charge home...for 0 bonus, ie its as if they walked into each other not charged. If i switch the stat_pri stats and stat_sec the charge bonus goes into effect when they charge home, but you lose the ability to shoot. Test it out, edit the charge bonus to 400 or whatever and thier armor too, it has 0 effect on the charge, unless u switch the primary and 2ndary.

MIssiles have to be primary, stange problem you've got though, I've never had anything like it.

Try ALt right clicking once and let them walk towards the enemy, then charge by themselve when they get close enough, that gives you the most powerful charge.

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

HEY i fixed it :) For some reason you need to have a number in the primary attack other than 0, then the charge bonus comes into effect, try it out. i put 20 for both primary and 2ndary and they now have thier bonus correctly. This is going to take awhile to charge every single missle unit but itll be worth it for the realism

Wonder why its just you...

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

test it out for yourself. take the unit i said above and charge it into roman vigils, watch closer the damage you do, itll be equal to just hand to hand combat. Now edit the primary and secondary stats and place the number for charge bonus 40 or whatever it was in the primary charge as well. Now try again and charge the vigiles, youll see that when you charge home your initial impact will cause more damage(ie. the charge bonus). Its probobly that you werent looking closely enough to notice the charge bonus, if you dont use saka or the like you would probobly never notice

Quote Originally Posted by Iasonis
    ok i tested it out using the "Daha Uazdaettae" unit. Im positive theres no extra charge bonus. when charging they pull their lances out and charge home...for 0 bonus, ie its as if they walked into each other not charged. If i switch the stat_pri stats and stat_sec the charge bonus goes into effect when they charge home, but you lose the ability to shoot. Test it out, edit the charge bonus to 400 or whatever and thier armor too, it has 0 effect on the charge, unless u switch the primary and 2ndary.
    Are you sure they charged full pelt. You have to line them up so that they are well-ordered and there is enough space between them and the enemy. They may not be able to do this because they tend to fire before attacking. Have you tried turning off the skirmishing ability.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

yes ive done that, if you set the charge bonus the same for your primary and secondary youll be good, ive changed all my units, at least my scale armored missle cav can charge the flanks now and actually make an impact :)

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: how to change "charge" in missle cavarly?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Fox
    There is a correlation between the armour stat of the unit as well as it's charge bonus from what I've gathered.
    This was a bug in 1.2. It has been fixed in R:TW 1.3/BI.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Ah cool, I switched off from RTW about that time and just recently got back into it for EB.

Lightbulb Re: how to change "charge" in missle cavarly?

Can someone retest my experiment please and tell me if they get the same result. For me the result is missle cavarly(example parthian armored horse archers) who have a high charge, do NO extra charge damage.
    I set it up like this.
    Paylava vs Rome
    i used the map western gaul

rome i used 1 unit of vigiles for all tests
    paylava used 1 unit of at a time of cavalry

Paylava used for each test(ran each 5 times for an average)
    1) azad azavaran(parthian noble cataphracts) 4 att 27 def 41 charge
    2) zradha shivitir(parthian armoured horse archers) 4 att 26 def 38 charge

1)i ran the one unit of each vs the vigiles and stopped it after the initial charge to see the damage done to the vigiles. the cataphracts initially inflicted 14 kills on average for the initial impact. It was from 10 to 16 kills averaging 14. they charge with lances.
    2)The horse archers i disabled fire at will and skirmish. I charged them into the vigiles...when they got close it stated they were "charging". They proceeded to pull out thier lances and pointed them to the vigiles and drove them home...for 0 kills on impact or maybe 1 kill. It it hard to tell because the units will inflict kills on each other from just the basic fighting.

result- something is wrong with the charge factor on missle cavalry.
    Last edited by Iasonis; 07-01-2007 at 02:49.

I seem to vagely remeber some one complaining about this a whil back, and he found a solution for it, although most people have never had a problem in the first place. This is making me suspect that you are somehow suffering form some strange corupted install or something...

BTW, I assume you did use single right click to attack?

EDIt:What? it's you all along Why this sudden bump, though?

I will now attempt to pretend to myself that this never happened...
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 07-01-2007 at 03:08.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

when someone gets a chance to actually reproduce the test i did please post what results you get.

ps please do not post anything else besides results, Nothing else will be helpful for me thank you
    and to answer your question i bumped this because i there is a problem and i want to help fix it. The problem is here, scroll down
    type eastern missile cavalry zradha shivatir
    dictionary eastern_missile_cavalry_zradha_shivatir ; Zradha Shivatir
    category cavalry
    class missile
    voice_type General_1
    soldier steppe_cavalry_zradhashivatir_zrahakirnetadzik, 25, 0, 1
    mount hellenistic kataphraktoi horse
    mount_effect camel -1, chariot +3
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, cantabrian_circle
    formation 3, 4, 6, 6, 4, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 7, 0, arrow, 195.5, 40, missile, archery, piercing, none, 15 ,1*******-->the zero here on this line should be changed to 38. when they charge they use this number regardless
    stat_pri_attr no ---------------------------------------------------------------- if they are missle units or whatever. They dont use the stat_sec for charging(i think it is only after
    stat_sec 4, 38, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 200 ,0.4---------------they run out of ammo that they use this number). This is the problem that should be fixed.
    stat_sec_attr ap
    stat_pri_armour 18, 8, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 0, 0, -4, -3
    stat_mental 13, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 3578, 895, 80, 100, 3578
    ownership parthia
    Last edited by Iasonis; 07-01-2007 at 06:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Iasonis
    Can someone retest my experiment please and tell me if they get the same result. For me the result is missle cavarly(example parthian armored horse archers) who have a high charge, do NO extra charge damage.
    I set it up like this.
    Paylava vs Rome
    i used the map western gaul

rome i used 1 unit of vigiles for all tests
    paylava used 1 unit of at a time of cavalry

Paylava used for each test(ran each 5 times for an average)
    1) azad azavaran(parthian noble cataphracts) 4 att 27 def 41 charge
    2) zradha shivitir(parthian armoured horse archers) 4 att 26 def 38 charge

1)i ran the one unit of each vs the vigiles and stopped it after the initial charge to see the damage done to the vigiles. the cataphracts initially inflicted 14 kills on average for the initial impact. It was from 10 to 16 kills averaging 14. they charge with lances.
    2)The horse archers i disabled fire at will and skirmish. I charged them into the vigiles...when they got close it stated they were "charging". They proceeded to pull out thier lances and pointed them to the vigiles and drove them home...for 0 kills on impact or maybe 1 kill. It it hard to tell because the units will inflict kills on each other from just the basic fighting.

result- something is wrong with the charge factor on missle cavalry.

This is the test, if someone can reproduce this for me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE , :) thank you
    Last edited by Iasonis; 07-01-2007 at 17:27.