Thread: Gift or fact?

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Default Gift or fact?

The year...I don't know, but I had taken refuge in Tripoli after losing Rome to Siciliy. I was in debt and a vassal to Milan.

Long story short I've taken over Aligers from Spain and Tunis from Siciliy, I've lost the shackles of being a vassal and not only am I making money from trade but begain to build up an army to take Rome back.

So...I take control of an inquisitor closes to Rome and I find the Hungarians sieging Rome from Siciliy, I decide to send my diplomat on ship to Italy to either try to make a deal to get Rome back from Hungry or Sicily.

Click next turn and then a surprise.....Rome has fallen to Hungry but the banner is not of Hungry but of the Papal States

I have no diplomatic message saying I was given Rome back, it's just mine now, is this gift or just some nifty feature of the game?

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

Default Re: Gift or fact?

Could have been a loyalist rebellion ? I remember I hated those back in MTW/VI - half your force dies to secure a region, only to have the peasants not only revolt, but revolt in your foe's name. It's like adding salt and vinegar to insult over injury.
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.

maybe Hungary got the "return Rome to the Pope" quest

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGhost
    maybe Hungary got the "return Rome to the Pope" quest
    My thoughts exactly
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer