Thread: Cinematic editor help....

Daimyo, Sultan & True Roman Member Crian's Avatar

Default Cinematic editor help....

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll just put it here.

I've just installed the M2TW 1.2 patch and one of the features is the "cinematic editor". What is this? Is this like the RTW camera? And where is the documentation instructing how to use this? If it isn't the camera then, what is? Anyway a little help would be very much appreciated.

"Why did we attack the Iceni? Why did we destroy that cargo? I can live with being a pawn if the game makes sense!" - Wingman, Mission 3: The Romans Blunder, Freespace 2

Default Re: Cinematic editor help....

Alright I've browsed through the readme and I did everything it said. I created CineEd.cfg with all the lines needed to be included in it, then the shortcut with the command line. But when I click the shortcut the loading screen appears in windowed mode for about 2 seconds then I'm dumped back to desktop.

No errors or whatever reported. Please help!

"Why did we attack the Iceni? Why did we destroy that cargo? I can live with being a pawn if the game makes sense!" - Wingman, Mission 3: The Romans Blunder, Freespace 2

... Ok, here I go again.

I made a custom battle replay and named it TestReplay.rpy, so then I open up CineEd.cfg and modified the "file" line and pointed it to TestReplay.rpy.

Then I ran the unpacker and unpacked everything using the unpack_all .bat file.

So I ran my shortcut again... It looked good at first, I got past the loading screen then it immediately started loading the battle I saved... but once the progress bar fills up I get "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". Great .

I moved the cameras folder from the data folder to the main game folder, and then edited the .cfg file again to use a different camera, this time unit_pan.cam (I think). I run it again and I get the exact same result, however a new folder gets created named capture_tga, and inside another empty folder named unit_pan.

So from this.... maybe the problem is not in the .cfg file? Seeing that the program ran through all the lines and didn't crash until after loading... but if not there, then where?

... Bump, still hoping for some answers...

Only-Custom-Made-Avatar-User Member SirRethcir's Avatar

I wrote a tutorial in German (sorry): http://tueftelecke.net/darklord/Foru...php?p=297#p297

Perhaps someone can translate it to you.

Oh, an English quote is included in the first post. ;)
    Last edited by SirRethcir; 05-10-2007 at 15:48.

Kaiser of Blitz
    from Aemilius Paulus for EB Unit List Reloaded
    from soup_alex for EB Unit List Reloaded

Ugh!

As informative as your guide appears... I don't understand German.....

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Use a website translator or ask a colleague :p
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I've got a little problem with the rendering.

I rendered a movie (based on SirRethcir's tutorial) to an avi-file. But i can't watch it. Media-Player doesn't seem to find a proper codec, and vlc is just black-screen!

anybody knows whats wrong?