Thread: Smarter Naval AI?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Smarter Naval AI?

While their landlubber counterparts continue to do bright things such as stand within range of cannon towers until routed/eliminated, the naval AI seems to be a lot smarter in 1.2. My Scottish fleet, with 4 much-needed generals, left Edinburgh for Antioch with a full 20 unit stack and was harassed all the way by every enemy going - Mongols, Milan, Spain, Egypt. It seemed as if word had got around that 4 family members were onboard and they did everything to delay and whittle down the fleet, which arrived at Antioch with just 3 full units.

The surround tactic in the pic was tried 3 times, luckily when I attacked only 3 stacks at a time ever took part in the battle against me.
    "St Juniper once said, 'By his loins shall ye know him and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.' The length of my rod is a mystery to all but the Queen, and a thousand Turkish whores, but the
    fruits of my loins are here for all to see. I have two sons, Henry and.... another one.
    Step forward, Harry, Prince of Wales."

( King Richard in Blackadder)

Default Re: Smarter Naval AI?

Is your banner on your ship almost full?
    If so that is quite the transport unit...

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Default Re: Smarter Naval AI?

That far into the game, always remember to either go to crusade by foot or bring ALOT of ships with you. It is best to try to end up on land every turn just to be safe
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton