Thread: R:TW - EB for MEII?

Default R:TW - EB for MEII?

Hi,

I just wanted to say that after I finally graduated a couple of weeks ago, I've had a lot of time to goof off and play all these games that I have (R:TW, MEII, Civ IV) and the one that I enjoy the most is EB.

Civ IV and MEII are flashier and have more exciting graphics and stuff, but EB's sencere attempt at authenticity within the confins of the R:TW engine adds that extra that makes it more enjoyable to play.

I was wondering if any thought had been given to modding MEII with a R:TW-EB. That is, making this exact same game using the updated engine in MEII?

TynMahn

Default Re: R:TW - EB for MEII?

I sincerely doubt that they will, mainly because RTW is just that, Total War. EB would be unsuitable for anything else I think. I would say the graphics are very good in EB. Remember, they could be using a bigger texture, making things a whole lot more flashier, but they stick with the 256x256 to let everyone play. You gotta hand it to these EB guys, they are very talented, and I don't think you will find a mod like this on anyother game. Just be happy your playing TW

RM3

Medieval II is a Total War game

But I take your point concerning graphics

EB2 will be for Medieval II. Aranor is making an EB-ish modification for Civ4.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

That is, making this exact same game using the updated engine in MEII?
    Although, EBII should have many other, cooler, greater, stuff-which-makes-EB-an-all-around-magnificent-game options and things, to make it even more "realistic".
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.