Thread: Dead Faction

Default Dead Faction

This may be a stupid question, but can dead factions be brought back. I am playing as the Romanii, and it is only 236BC and Pontos was destroyed by the selucids. I love to have them back. I am asking because a long time ago when I was playing vanilla, the Britons invaded Germania. At some point in the game the Germans where destroyed by the Britons and the script appeared. But later the Germans reappered in a city in north Germania only to be destroyed a second time. Was this a script error or was a German faction leader still alive which eventually conqured this city.

Cheers.

Default Re: Dead Faction

Factions can't be reborn. Plus when they lose their last settlement they are destroyed. The Germans must have had a city left somewhere. Probably in the extreme north like Norway.

fancy assault unit Member blank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sdragon
    Factions can't be reborn. Plus when they lose their last settlement they are destroyed. The Germans must have had a city left somewhere. Probably in the extreme north like Norway.
    in bi they can reappear i think, but it probably requires special tweaking or sth
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Now I can even store my dick in EB underwear

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Factions cannot reappear in RTW. In BI counter factions could reappear, but they were not playable and caused problems with their counter faction when overly modded. If a faction is destroyed and then a script replaces some units for them, they are completely crippled. You can script a faction's return, but they will never get a turn. IIRC, in M2TW factions can reammerge.