• Maurice of Nassau

7 28.00%
  • Totoyomi Hideyoshi

6 24.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Summer Campaign-Renaissance Bracket Rd. 2

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Default Summer Campaign-Renaissance Bracket Rd. 2

The Renaissance bracket it now up and votable.

There are 9 choices and since that is a 4.5 vote, there will be
    4 votes per poster
    Poll will be open for 7 days.

Good Luck!
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Summer Campaign-Renaissance Bracket Rd. 2

Wow, looks like Gustavus is really going to run away with this bracket. No one else is even close.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I just don't see Charles XII edging out Cromwell. Put 'em head to head and I see Cromwell winning 3 outa 5.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

My picks

Gustavus Adolphus - great reformer, king, less skilled general, but should get to the next round.

Jan Sobieski - brillian tactician and strategist, good reformer, worse politician.

Wallenstein - de facto created the term 'modern warfare'. Excelent in actually winning a war, not just some battles.

Oda Nobunaga - hard choice, but at least one Japanese warlord should go further.

The rest is either too foolish ( Charles XII), less spectacular ( Maurice of Nassau), or too overrated ( Cromwell) to count.

It is a pity no French general came through, but it is all a popularity contest to some people - the most 'sexy' general wins.

It would be better if only people with decent knowledge decided to vote at all.