well my fellow moders i have a perfomance problem and i need
    With this cpu
    amd athlon 64x2 dual
    cp 3800+
    2.01ghz
    2 gb ram
    nvidia geforce 256 mb7800 gt
    and with these video options

the game most times is getting slower,it's lagging in battle screen (is this the right term ?)??
    any help would be welcome ....
    Thanks

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

Default Re: Performance problem

Surely you've thought of reducing your video settings. Right?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Eeehhhhhmmm you meen to reduce them more than this ?

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

If they can be reduced further and you are having performance problems, then reducing is probably a good way to go.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thanks guys

Strategos Autokrator Member Megas Pyrrhos's Avatar

My comp stats are near your specs wicked...including the graphics card(i think its the same one i got...maybe).

For me, I reduced the grass detail down to none, as well as the terrain detail....it seems to help a bunch for me, while I am still able to ramp up the unit detail to its highest and get little lag.

Yeah, grass at low helps a lot.

then low grass it is...... but with the terain at medium the battlefield makes me a little dizzy i don't know why anyway i'll give it a try

probably none of these answers will fit your problem:
    i had a similar problem.

i have following pc specs:

A64 x2 3600+
    1 GB Ram
    GF 7900GS
    win2k

the main problem with RTW is, that the X2 processor slows your game down, because of uneven load balancing between the 2 cpu-cores (very simplified spoken).

A. if you run WinXP, everything should run fine AFTER you installed a little patch from the AMD-website.

B. if you run Win2K you probably need to install a CPU-management tool.
    i use "easy toolz" for this. here you need to restrict the rtw.exe to one core.
    alternatively you can do this in the taskmanager manually everytime.

this should improve your peformance.

my 2cents

AADD

Very good advice above.

I would just add, to make sure Anti-Aliasing and Anti-Sotropic filtering settings are reasonably low on your G-Card if you haven't got it set to 'program preference' because even if your game setting for this is turned off it will still Anti-alias if it is turned on, on your G-Card.

Turn off campaign shadows! You don't need them and they will eat up your RAM.

The 'Effects detail' setting also does not need to be so high for the benefit it gives visually, so turn that down to low.

Also make sure you run your desktop at the same resolution you do the game (in your case 1024x768x32) otherwise you may see an adverse effect from that also.

Make sure you have recently scanned your hard-disk for errors and done a de-fragmentation on it (boring but it works).

Also you could turn off most of your background tasks and applications in task manager to eek out those last few K's from your processor, but if you do this, leave 'Explorer.exe' and everything under 'SYSTEM' well alone.

There are also some nice little free ware programs out there that free up system RAM, which in my own experience works wonders on my system (especially if your machine loads lots of things on startup).

I really see no apparent reason why your set up shouldn't run this game at close to full settings.

Hope this helps.

Mega
    Last edited by Megalos; 05-23-2007 at 08:14.

"Break in the Sun, till the Sun breaks down"

thanks aadd

no problem
    i hope you were able to improve the playability.