Thread: Crusade abandoning -timescale?

Default Crusade abandoning -timescale?

I'm currently Moors LTC2.3 Toulouse. Crusade against here. All catholic factions at war with me.

My 10 dread leader is holed up in Toulouse and is dealing with 2 stacks each attack, so far 8~10 crusade stacks either directly beaten or leader assassinated. Funny to see them run from my superdread leader, but I digress.

Question how long will crusades go before they are noted as "failed"? Is it when you have defeated all crusading stacks or a simple time limit or something else?
    Such is life- Ned Kelly -his last words just before he was hanged.

Default Re: Crusade abandoning -timescale?

You'll have to kill every last crusader. It won't end before that. Note that in the first 10 turns, the crusades you beat can be brought back by sending a new army. After those 10 turns, it's not possible to send more armies at you, and once you've killed the last stack, the crusade ends.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Default Re: Crusade abandoning -timescale?

Thanks for the prompt reply. Thats quite logical. Assassinating the early stacks before turn 10 resulted in extra stacks from HRE and France being sent.

I would have been better building forts and staging delaying tactics before sending my assassins in at turn 11 from crusade call.

I presume Jihad works the same way. (I jihaded against Marseille and fought some battles with sundry other lurking enemy stacks near Toulouse with the jihadis, whilst they were on their way to Marseille.)
    Such is life- Ned Kelly -his last words just before he was hanged.