Thread: I broke my Barbarian Inavasion disc somehow...

Default I broke my Barbarian Inavasion disc somehow...

Ok, heres the problem, I somehow managed to break my Barbarian Invasion disc somehow and I recently bought a gold edition rome total war and barbarian invasion disc.

Now for obvious reasons I would like to play Europa Barbarorum with the Barbarian Invasion artificial intelligence because apparently there are more invasions by sea and what not.

So what I'm wondering is is it possible to play EB with Barbarian Invasion artifical intelligence while using the Rome total war + Barbarian Invasion gold edition disc?

and if so how do I do it?

Default Re: I broke my Barbarian Inavasion disc somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by the_handsome_viking
    Ok, heres the problem, I somehow managed to break my Barbarian Invasion disc somehow and I recently bought a gold edition rome total war and barbarian invasion disc.

Now for obvious reasons I would like to play Europa Barbarorum with the Barbarian Invasion artificial intelligence because apparently there are more invasions by sea and what not.

So what I'm wondering is is it possible to play EB with Barbarian Invasion artifical intelligence while using the Rome total war + Barbarian Invasion gold edition disc?

and if so how do I do it?
    You'll have to reinstall as I believe they have different encoding on their .exes. The Gold ones tell the game to look for a DVD, the original ones tell the game to look for a CD, and I don't think they are cross-compatible.

And yes it is possible, just as you can play BI with the RTW Gold DVD.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    You'll have to reinstall as I believe they have different encoding on their .exes. The Gold ones tell the game to look for a DVD, the original ones tell the game to look for a CD, and I don't think they are cross-compatible.

And yes it is possible, just as you can play BI with the RTW Gold DVD.

Foot
    I see, but how would you be able to specify which version you wan't to play?

I mean RTW campaign ai is different to BI ai, how could I specify which one I want?

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: I broke my Barbarian Inavasion disc somehow...

Right click on your eb shortcut, go to properties and add -BI on to RomeTW.exe, so you get RomeTW-BI.exe.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

There are lots of thread detailing how you play EB with BI. The process is exactly the same whether you have brought BI separately or whether it is the gold edition. Basically with both RTW and BI installed, there are two .exes, the RTW and the BI one. Make sure that the EB shortcut points to the BI one rather than the RTW one.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    There are lots of thread detailing how you play EB with BI. The process is exactly the same whether you have brought BI separately or whether it is the gold edition. Basically with both RTW and BI installed, there are two .exes, the RTW and the BI one. Make sure that the EB shortcut points to the BI one rather than the RTW one.

Foot
    Just for the record I have previously to been playing EB on BI, when the disc broke I simply went back to RTW.

I'm just saying this to clear up any confusion as to whether or not anyone thinks I was inquiring how to play EB with BI.

I just tried changing the .exes and gold edition doesn't work.

Will I have to do a totally fresh install?

More sea invasions? sounds good that does!

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Yes, you will probably need a fresh install if you are switching between BI CD and Gold DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Yes, you will probably need a fresh install if you are switching between BI CD and Gold DVD.
    Ugh......depressing.

Will it effect my save?

Shouldn't.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_handsome_viking
    Ugh......depressing.

Will it effect my save?
    Not if you install the same version of EB that you have right now.

You may want to copy and save your saves elsewhere. The RTW uninstaller might delete them without asking.