Thread: In Game Banners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default In Game Banners

how do I change the banners i see while in a battle. I've changed every icon i could find for my faction, but the banners in the game remain at the default. This is the last change i need before i post my mod online. Please help. Thnx in advance

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

Default Re: In Game Banners

The unit banners are located in Rome - Total War\data\models\textures. use photoshop to open them ( u need the dds plug in ) The unit banners are mip map so when asked chose display mip maps and there u go.

P.S I am not sure if this is what u ment but this will change the banners the units hold in the battles
    Last edited by Ossie The Great; 05-23-2007 at 20:27.

Default Re: In Game Banners

If you've followed this very easy to follow and helpful tutorial and still see default banners for your faction, it looks like you might be referring to the standardbearer's banners. You can change those banners by editing the texture for the standard bearer, one of the officers that can accompany your unit. Some other units may have faction symbols too, you'll have to scour through the unit textures, so this is by far the most tedious part of faction conversion .

the unit textures are found in data/models_unit/textures
    before you ask a RTW modding question make sure you have done these things:

1. At least read these two stickies in the Modding Questions forum: Introduction and Welcome
    2. used the search function (upper right corner of your screen) to know if your Q has been asked before.
    3. browsed the Modding Answers subforum, and the Scriptorium.