Thread: Look up in the sky, it's a new problem!

King of Randomness Member nara shikamaru's Avatar
    Doing the fan dance with Richard the Lionheart.

Default Look up in the sky, it's a new problem!

Yeah, well I finally got my MTW gold edition to install, after getting a registry cleaner I saw Adrian II(At least i think it was him) say to get to help with the game saying there is another version already existing on a comp.

Well I have a new problem, earlier today I dled the small version of XL, as far as i know it just doesn't have the music packs, anyway I went to install the XL mod, and then I started up the game only to find that nothing changed, nothing whatsoever happened, I'm just curious if anyone has any idea as to why. If not, oh well.

Many thanks from your king of randomness.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know where to hide the bodies."

Post Re: Look up in the sky, it's a new problem!

Hi nara shikamaru,
    M:TW Gold Edition is evil when it comes to mod installation, as it, oddly, uses a different file-path to that of a non-Gold version which is what the installer is based upon. To install XL simply open up the installer and follow the instructions. However, when it comes to the point where is asks you where you want it installing too, change the default file path to "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition". After you have done that, press next and let the installer do it's magic!

Once it's compelted, load up M:TW, and enjoy XL.

Hope this helps you, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

King of Randomness Member nara shikamaru's Avatar
    Doing the fan dance with Richard the Lionheart.

Default Re: Look up in the sky, it's a new problem!

yeah it would have helped, but i figured it out after i got the 2.01 patch and read about a path under the creative assembly, otherwise thanks Omanes.

Now if a mod or admin could get rid of this, I really don't see a point to keeping it around now.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know where to hide the bodies."