Thread: Attribute "wrap-around" bug?

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Default Attribute "wrap-around" bug?

Has anyone noticed a "wrap-around" bug for generals' attributes? I had a 9-Authority king and then he got a +1 authority trait. He's now at 0 authority.

I want to see if other people have noticed this before posting in the bug thread.

Friendly Resident Knight Member Fußball's Avatar

Default Re: Attribute "wrap-around" bug?

As in once he maxed his authority trait out, it is as if it reset to 0? Or at least showed up as 0 authority? I have never seen anything like that.

Tschüß!
    Erich

Things are getting better. Well, not as good as yesterday, but definitely better than tomorrow! ~Old Russian Joke

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

lol - maybe he got so authoritative that no-one could take him seriously anymore
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Man behind the screen Member Empirate's Avatar

I never noticed this. You're sure your king didn't die on you, leaving you with the less-than-commanding presence of his son?
    People know what they do,
    And they know why they do what they do,
    But they do not know what what they are doing does
    -Catherine Bell

Dear god, not this again

Confirmation, anyone?

Guess (if it is in) we just have to pray that it still works in reverse
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

I never had the 10 authority showing up as 0, but I had the reverse.
    Remember my French king having a few + authority and and some - authority, but it was showing up as 10. Shame it only lasted for a couple of turns though.

I too have recently had a king go from maxed-out authority go to zero authority. Sadly, I hadn't been paying attention to his v&v's so I don't know what may have caused it. His successor also started out with no authority, but that had something to do with him being utterly insane, and he got better.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

I'll post the pics later if I feel like it, but my King definitely went from displaying full Authority to none. However, he didn't have the traits to have full authority, and didn't have a massive governor influence effect on the town he was in. When his authority went to zero with a +1 trait, the law bonus improved, suggesting that it was displaying wrong.

I might try modding the descr_strat (I think) to give a starting king full something and then give him a +1 trait for testing...

Giving full authority and then +1 trait might not manifest the bug. If the bug is present I bet you need to think in powers of two. Try giving him 15 authority and +1 trait and 16 and +1 trait in another test.