Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Campaign Map Not Loading....

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Default Re: Campaign Map Not Loading....

map is quite simple already - do double check that when you delete the map.rwm that you get a new one...
    only thing you didn't post in your earlier upload was the
    campaign_name_regions_and_settlements.txt
    file that you should have altered to match your new region and city names in data/text/...
    did you change that file? and does its name match the folder name for your campaign?

in the folder you posted you have egypt as the default faction for all your regions in descr_regions.txt --- but you can't actually use them there as they are not one of the factions included in your descr_strat.txt, that should give an error message if you didn't have a larger problem its meeting first.
    Last edited by Makanyane; 01-10-2009 at 21:30.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Extremely useful guide .. Thx makanyane !

One question though :

Which 'character files' are the cause of the CTD with no message if you save ? are these names.txt or descr_charatcers or ..
    Last edited by PopePopo; 02-23-2009 at 21:21.

Quote Originally Posted by PopePopo View Post
    Which 'character files' are the cause of the CTD with no message if you save ? are these names.txt or descr_charatcers or ..
    Having a name in descr_names.txt which doesn't have the correct look up in names.txt
    (I think...... it wasn't me that first reported that one)
    Download the:

Alright thanks !

Problem solved ! Many thx makanyane :D
    Last edited by PopePopo; 02-24-2009 at 18:29.

'Script error in .../descr_strat.txt, at line xxx, column x. could not create settlement at script line xxx'
    You also get this error when you change the name of a city in descr_regions and imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names, but not in descr_strat. Something you might add to your guide, I made that mistake

A new error / sloution , although it's not really a big problem , but i think it's still worth to mention :

KTM with error : Could not create settlement xxx on x xxx , y xxx - when the region is correct in descr_regions and map_regions and the region is placed on a valid place

-Region acutally exists but you forgot to delete map.rwm

What's the best way to solve the error of mixed clours ? I hope not checking every pixel myself ..

hey makanyane , a new error :

Symptom: KTM's with message on exit: 'Script error in .../descr_strat.txt, at line xxx, column x. You are trying to place zzzz in this region(yyyy), but it already has a settlement(zzzz).

* Using a color for the region that looks the same like the real one , but is still different . (so for instance , the normal/vanilla RGB value is 45 , 120 , 85 ; but a part of that region is 50 , 119 , 58 ..)

New error you might be interested in:
    When a slave army has no "sub_faction facton name" in descr_strat as first the game will have a CTD ATM you click on start campaign, new map.rmw is generated.
    Last edited by JoristhePagan; 05-30-2009 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by JoristhePagan View Post
    New error you might be interested in:
    When a slave army has no "sub_faction facton name" in descr_strat as first the game will have a CTD ATM you click on start campaign, new map.rmw is generated.
    did you use a character name from the 'slave' section of descr_names.txt? if not it might just be a name error - symptom is the same.... if you could let me know on that I'll try and get round to updating the main post soon - cheers
    Download the:

I used the name Sautes, which also appears under the slave faction in descr_names.txt

Hi, can you add another fix for symptom: "Game CTD's with no message at the end of the campaign loading bar."

This can happen also if you have unit in data/descr_rebel_factions.txt that does not exist in export_descr_unit.txt. I had this problem and took me a while before I found the solution.

I currently have a problem with the campaign map, so I'm wondering whether you have encountered such an error before. My campaign map managed to load, but only the slave faction controlled cities are having an error: The buildings in the cities and units anywhere on the map are not present at all.
    The files which I edited are
    1) EXPORT_DESCR_BUILDINGS.TXT to add new buildings
    2) EXPORT_BUILDINGS.TXT to add new descriptions
    3) DESCR_REGIONS.TXT to add new hidden resources
    4) descr_strat.txt to add new buildings

I would just like to know which of the files are the ones that could have contributed to this error. I did have a back up, but it was before all the changes were done, so I was hoping to identify the faulty file and minimize all the checks.

@Praefectus praetorio - thanks will add

@lim_lucky
    descr_strat
    it stops reading it when it meets certain types of error like a
    `
    instead of a tab.... then all towns below that point come out as villages and garrisons etc below that are ignored (check if you're actually also missing any factions) read down file and compare with map till you find last town that's working OK error should be just after that.
    Download the:

=D I have found the error using a text comparator, its in desc_strat. The error is due to only one of the settlements having 2 simultaneous curly brackets, i.e. } }

Just a small question. Hight maps. Is the max hight for a mountain 200 pixel value? thanks in advance, magpie

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Hi magpie, I can't remember there being any limit, but it's been a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal View Post
    Hi magpie, I can't remember there being any limit, but it's been a while...
    Thanks for your reply Myrddraal, I was just checking a few maps like the big MM which I have used, all versions! seems the pixel value for max hight was kept at 200,200,200, just wondered if there was a reason?
    I am working on a brand new map with Haeressiarch 510x337 for RotN . haer created the outline from satellite images I am filling in the details, The Alps ect can be tricky to get a good result. regards, mags

Hi, Just a question on coast lines, Is it essential to have beaches or cliffs along the whole map coast line.
    By the way thanks for this thread Makanyane ! regards, mags

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

No, it's not essential.

Hi!
    Sorry for my english and if I ask something stupid :)
    So I used TiME map editor 0.6. I deleted everything from Europe. I left 3 regions with only slaves resource and without port. I made villages from them with no buildings because I just wanted to test the program,but I have some problems... The program can't save in 1.9 (alexander) version,so I used 1.5 and when i saved it the editor crahed... It saved everything except the regions (only the txts,not the map,so the map has been saved) so I deleted the regions by myself,it didn't work. Than I deleted all the factions,and fixed all the problems appeared. Now it loads until about the half and than the game crashes without error message,so I don't kneo ehat to fix. I don't want to re-do the whole map,but if you say that is the solution than I will do it... Oh some more info: 3 regions,1 of them is almsot the whole map and I didn't changed the climates. I decreased the hight to 0 everywhere,but I forgot to change ground types,but now I can't load the map to the editor... Sorry for my english again :)

UPDATE: Now the game crashes at the starting of the campaign.I click on the start button and than it crashes.I only made a family tree.

UPDATE-2: OKey,now I made a new test map,with only green area,no water,nothing,just green area and 2 regions,but now it "CTD"s when i click at the start button,there are only slaves and germans. I don't konw if it's problem if the whole map is filled with grass,but I don't want to make a really good map for only testing...
    Last edited by Qves; 10-21-2011 at 18:36.

Please give me some ideas,I really need this map!

The Conqueror Member Belisarius III's Avatar

Can anyone help me, My campaign map isn't loading either. I added some regions to North Africa, every time I try to load I get a KTM (back to menu). I've worked on the map, the descr_strat, regions, regions lookup and imperial campaign regions and settlements. After a few adjustments and a show err I finally got an err message, now it says
    Script error in
    Data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat, at line 1954, column 12
    Could not create settlement at script line 1954
    The line it refers to belongs to Byzacium (the region with Thapsus, underneath Carthage), the precise line is the population line.
    The guide says 2 solutions, I checked 3 times, but the color in descr_regions was correct, afterwards I just changed the color in both the map and the descr_regions. And still I get the error, can someone help me?
    Last edited by Belisarius III; 02-12-2013 at 09:11.

For the Glory Of the Eastern Roman Empire!

The Conqueror Member Belisarius III's Avatar

Anyone, please ?

For the Glory Of the Eastern Roman Empire!

Make sure your settlement is not on top of a hill. That usually results in the same error message (not sure about the population line though). You can do that by cross-referencing map_regions with map_heights.

Hope that helps, CocaCola97
    Shi-Zroi Total War!!!!

I tried to expand the map of RTW 1.3 vanilla as follows: (also tried in 1.0 with same CTDs)

Placed the original map in the upper left corner of the new tga files, and filled the rest with ground colour:
    RGB (5,5,5) for map_heights.tga
    low fertility ground for Map_ground_types.tga
    mediterranean climate for map_climates.tga
    RGB (0,0,0) for map_features.tga
    in Map_regions.tga the new places were added to an existing region (Elymais, Susa)
    map_trade_routes.tga, map_roughness.tga and disasters.tga are all black (0,0,0)
    water_surface.tga is the original file

I applied the new size of the map in descr_terrain.txt (343,218) and created <my_campaign>_regions_and_settlement_names.txt as a copy of the imperial campaigns file. All other files are left unchanged.

When I try to start the campaign with any of the factiont I get a CTD with no error message, the loading bar is not reached and a map.rwm is created.

This issue is probably not created by characters, wonders or resources got placed on inpassable terrain, because that ought to produce a different error.

Can anyone please help how to fix this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123