Thread: Eb Script problems- late in campaign

Default Eb Script problems- late in campaign

Please can you help and save my eb game...
    I have been playing and an excellent Romani campaign, but unfortunately around or just after 200 bc the eb Script was causing problems:
    Okay heres the issue, the first time when i load Rome campaign- from scratch the first turn works fine i enable script as normal. The next turn is the problem in this turn eb script resets, each time i click on a town script reappears asking to activate it again and forever well maybe I could ignore it but worse is that turns are 2 per year!

I have the save file attached http://www.axifile.com/?7375296

Possible Reasons: This is where it gets confusing because in the turn it crashed I think just before then I enabled Marius reforms in script by simply changing a the conditions. Furthermore around same time I used force diplomacy mod, i think i may have use this before I enabled the EB script. Im not sure though...

P.S sorry for not providing exact year season etc, I did not really pay attention at the time ( my economy was fine) i was just moving armies and skipping turns to move through the years quickly my invasion of Gaul) Then I realised how serious the problem was, i rebooted number of times tried different save games. Was going to give up asking for help but I miss the campaign
    Last edited by Tempesta; 05-25-2007 at 08:09.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Eb Script problems- late in campaign

I'm confused. So after you activate the script it still wants you to activate it? Sometimes you have to activate the script twice before it works right. If it asks you to activate it and you do, will it just ask again, no matter how many times you activate it?

Whatever it is, it sounds like there is an error in your version of the script. Maybe the forced diplomacy mod made it errored and no longer function. Are you using a version of EB that the forced diplomacy mod wasn't made for? Have you altered the script in some way on your own?

You might have to uninstall and reinstall...

Please can you help and save my eb game...
    It works good for me. My best guess is that modification to EBBS You made/applied are causing Your error.
    Go back to original EB script and You should be fine.

Marcus, LorDBula: Thanks for your responses it turned out to be a very easy solution(which I did not anticipate), one i neglected to think about but what you guys suspected... I went through and placed old backup copies of descr_export_char traits and EBscript and it works now! But i think its a bad thing ill play it too much now

Quick Update: With the campaign I wiped out all but one gaul army(1 legion returned for retraining other 2 combined under Scipio and Germanicus) and taking few towns. Georgia will be next! After polybianMarian reforms soo much different and better in battles , playing historical lineups its like battles are all new again. So I think i will tough it out and play till I get imperial reforms and finish the campaign. Much different than my previous Roman campaigns where I tend to role play lot slower lot more and just focus on Punic wars or perhaps bit beyond according the the actual years

Marcus big irony with this thread cause funny thing is I tried to follow your way of expansion from Pavo Campaign thread but with exceptions..and just aim to finish campaign(hence i expanded bit slower, great work with yours.. I never had chance to adopt Pavo second campaign I have missed out

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Good to hear.

I based my expansion (losely) apon historic expansion of the Roman empire, though at an increased speed. AI behaviour and rapid expansion makes it hard to expand just right. I wish I could have expanded slower without having to worry about the AI...