Poll: favorite roman god

Thread: favorite roman god

ha ha your not a Member Caeser The III's Avatar
    in the middle of nowhere O_o(you can call it Rome)

Default favorite roman god

pick here wat your favorite roman god is
    old name was:Ilikethisgame5
    if you die on a elevator,make sure to press up

Post Re: favorite roman god

I, personally, like Saturn, although I prefer the Greek perception of him, evil, adamantine scythe wielding, Oranos (Uranus) dissector, rather than the Roman freindly old father time opinion - I've been playing too much AoM (Age of Mythology - an AoE spin off).

My reasoning behind this is mostly due to how he was in AoM - the artist of destruction. He hired a thug named Gargarensis to open the gates to Tartarus to where he was enclosed. Gargarensis was offered immortality if he succeeded and, since he was a distant relative of Posideon, Posideon offered to help him. It concluded in the death of both Gargarensis, and the imprisonment of Posideon in Tartarus. Very enjoyable game, especially on the final part of the game on difficulty level "Titan" - I'm yet to win the last chapter on anything above "Easy"!
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 05-25-2007 at 18:27.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: favorite roman god

For RTW, Mars by far is the military man's choice. The temple gives experience while the priests give +2 command for attacking.

Overpowered, if you ask me, but at least it was given to the Brutii who need it more than the other roman factions.
    before you ask a RTW modding question make sure you have done these things:

1. At least read these two stickies in the Modding Questions forum: Introduction and Welcome
    2. used the search function (upper right corner of your screen) to know if your Q has been asked before.
    3. browsed the Modding Answers subforum, and the Scriptorium.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I love Jupiter.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Mars.God of war and the Romans thought tehy were the sons of Mars.

Inflecto tenus rex of rex rgis
    Τόξο κάτω στο βασιλιά των βασιλιάδων.
    Im ο αυτοκράτορας και έχει τις λεγεώνες στην εντολή μου.
    Τα χίλια έθνη της ρωμαϊκής αυτοκρατορίας σας κατεβαίνουν opon.
    Ex tuo ipsius fato te Amor servare non potest.

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

Game wise, I'd go for Mars

Now, outside of gaming, I'd go for Venus or Bacchus. Wine or women, I prefer one over the other depending on my mood; but I will never be able to settle my choice.

Mars, but I like Ares better.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Grace
    Mars, but I like Ares better.
    But Ares is suppose to be a coward or are you just saying game wise.

Inflecto tenus rex of rex rgis
    Τόξο κάτω στο βασιλιά των βασιλιάδων.
    Im ο αυτοκράτορας και έχει τις λεγεώνες στην εντολή μου.
    Τα χίλια έθνη της ρωμαϊκής αυτοκρατορίας σας κατεβαίνουν opon.
    Ex tuo ipsius fato te Amor servare non potest.

I like the gods who give you those whatchermathingys... guys in black with two swords... even though I hardly ever get to use them :P

Self proclaimed loser of 'User Who Looks Most Like His Avatar' competition.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

I like neptune. The boats, they are awesome.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Personally, I go with the temple of Mercury. I believe that is the one that gives you a trade boost.

I prefer cash. Cash means more troops. More troops beat more experienced troops. More troops mean faster campaigns.

I am aware I'm in the minority, but I used the Bruti to cut off the Scipiones (proper spelling) and the Julii, take the provinces they usually take, as well as my own in greece. I used the temple of mercury to finance the troops needed.

Different strategy.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

If we are talking about inside the game, any God which provides law bonuses is liked by myself (although Saturn is still my favorite).

Although trade may flood in from temples of other gods, law temples in R:TW provide double the happiness provided by a standard temple, and also decrease corruption increasing income (very useful if governors have turned away from their less extravagant ways). I always place law temples further away from by capital where they are most effective - in the humble provincial backwaters, although I often place them close to my capital too.

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Iupiter Optimus Maximus is above Everything.

That law bonus is a beautiful thing to have and their corruption decreasing effect equals cash to have, as Omanes said.

I stole it from a stupid Iceni Member Shieldmaiden's Avatar

Iupiter Optimus Maximus is above Everything.
    Yes, and he transforms into a tru.. OW!

I'd go with Jupiter if Julii (Law + Arcanii), Mercury if Brutii (Trade bonus, like askthepizzaguy said), and Neptune if Scipii (Trade again, plus extra Ship types).

I'm a big believer in a solid trading network and tax, hence I'll go for Trade and Law every time, except in designated "unit factory" cities.
    "Now, once more I must ride with my knights, to defend what was and the dream of what could be..."

- King Arthur, Excalibur

Wink Re: favorite roman god

Jupiter - keeps people in line ... after all he is the supreme roman god - thunder and lightning - ... :P
    also if moded i like to build all temples - a major temple an other 2nd upgrade .. awsome income and bonuses ... and the AI is using it as well ... Greeks may be a big pain this way ...
    anyway any god is fine whit me until the people revere me as there supreme god // think like a true roman ... it is difficult to challenge a "divine" emperor :P

If they have any doubt .. well they can ask the red spots on the battlefield .. a assure you it`s not my "red spot" ... simple strategy ... let all whom are against me meet there ancestors a.s.a.p. ... of course as painful as possible >:)
    barbarism is just a point of wiew .. as is "civilization"
    "One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
    One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
    One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    I, personally, like Saturn, although I prefer the Greek perception of him, evil, adamantine scythe wielding, Oranos (Uranus) dissector, rather than the Roman freindly old father time opinion - I've been playing too much AoM (Age of Mythology - an AoE spin off).

My reasoning behind this is mostly due to how he was in AoM - the artist of destruction. He hired a thug named Gargarensis to open the gates to Tartarus to where he was enclosed. Gargarensis was offered immortality if he succeeded and, since he was a distant relative of Posideon, Posideon offered to help him. It concluded in the death of both Gargarensis, and the imprisonment of Posideon in Tartarus. Very enjoyable game, especially on the final part of the game on difficulty level "Titan" - I'm yet to win the last chapter on anything above "Easy"!

lmao wow i have that game (AoM) its really fun.. so is the expansion (which you obviosly have if u know about Oranos being in there) lol i might go play that game now.. maybe..

oh but my favorite god is deffinitly... all the scipii ones lol i dont remember what they do cuz ive been playing EB but the scipii are the only true romans :p

EDIT: i voted for Neptune since that is the only one i can remember the Scipii get lol cant remember what the other 2 are =/
    Last edited by pockettank; 06-28-2007 at 16:59.

Saturn (Law) and Vulcan (Weapons and Armour) are the two other Gods which the Scipii are granted pockettank. Combined with the temple of Nepture (extra ships) the Scipii definitely have one of the most versatile and useful temple selections out of all of the other Roman factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Saturn (Law) and Vulcan (Weapons and Armour) are the two other Gods which the Scipii are granted pockettank. Combined with the temple of Nepture (extra ships) the Scipii definitely have one of the most versatile and useful temple selections out of all of the other Roman factions.
    ok thnx im gonna have to play this again lol i love the scipii