Thread: Building/Unit question

Default Building/Unit question

OK there are some stuff i dont get which are:
    1) When u move into the Marian era, all your buildings in which u can produce the new cohorts get totally damaged. why? U can still produce cohorts so is it worth repairing them?
    2) In some settlements you get the option of a specific unit production building that enables u to train troops U ALREADY ARE ABLE TO produce so, why that option?
    3) Into the Marian era, Roman cavalry desappears, why?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

...George Patton

History repeats itself because CA wasnt listening the first time (or any other)

Default Re: Building/Unit question

4) Also in the EB webpage u see this cavalry

When i get into the custom battle option i dont see them
    How do u get those?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

...George Patton

1. The marian reforms require a new MIC complex to be built. The old polybian MICs are damaged so that you can't build the outdated polybain units any more that should disappear.

3. because in the first century BC Roman citizen cavalry does not longer appear as a distinct fighting force on the battlefield. The cavalry in roman armies of the late republic was almost exclusively irregular auxiliaries provided by allied/client states, tribes and contigents enrolled in roman provinces.

4. This is the Equites Singulres unit which is still in EB 0.81a V2. Originally they were planned as early imperial late bodyguards, but since we can't swicht generals guards late enough in the campaign, together with the fact that a whole huge unit dressed like officers isn't really appropriate in any way, they are only available in custom battles*. In future this model will be replaced by an Ala reskin, if we have still need for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cunctator
    1. The marian reforms require a new MIC complex to be built. The old polybian MICs are damaged so that you can't build the outdated polybain units any more that should disappear.

3. because in the first century BC Roman citizen cavalry does not longer appear as a distinct fighting force on the battlefield. The cavalry in roman armies of the late republic was almost exclusively irregular auxiliaries provided by allied/client states, tribes and contigents enrolled in roman provinces.

4. This is the Equites Singulres unit which is still in EB 0.81a V2. Originally they were planned as early imperial late bodyguards, but since we can't swicht generals guards late enough in the campaign, together with the fact that a whole huge unit dressed like officers isn't really appropriate in any way, they are only available in custom battles*. In future this model will be replaced by an Ala reskin, if we have still need for them.
    ok number 3 is ok now but regarding 1, is it worth fixing it cos u can already get your cohorts so why spending such huge amount of money if it´s not really needed? THen that building should not be an option i guess
    As for number 4 those cavalty units are not in the custom battle option either ( at least in mine).
    And number 2 is still pending................

...George Patton

is it worth fixing it
    No. You shouldnt fix it. You should destroy it. If we could we would destroy it. But because we cant we demmage it to 100% so its useless. It should be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDBulA
    No. You shouldnt fix it. You should destroy it. If we could we would destroy it. But because we cant we demmage it to 100% so its useless. It should be destroyed.
    damn!!!!!!! so much money down the toilet so far

...George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719
    damn!!!!!!! so much money down the toilet so far
    What money goes down the toilet. THe script places the new MICs for free at the same level as your old Polybian MICs. And you get some money back from destroying the old MICs. It actually makes you money. You get to keep the ability to build units in your provinces, whilst getting 1/3 of the money of the building back.

And stop using so many exclamation marks. It makes you look angry, which I'm sure is not the impression you want to give off.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    What money goes down the toilet. THe script places the new MICs for free at the same level as your old Polybian MICs. And you get some money back from destroying the old MICs. It actually makes you money. You get to keep the ability to build units in your provinces, whilst getting 1/3 of the money of the building back.

And stop using so many exclamation marks. It makes you look angry, which I'm sure is not the impression you want to give off.

Foot
    it cost me 10000 of that manii or whatever currency to get it fixed. That´s money down the toilet

...George Patton

it cost me 10000 of that manii or whatever currency to get it fixed. That´s money down the toilet
    Why would you fix it? I'm sure thats in the FAQ about the Marian reforms. If its not I'll ask Marcus to put it in.

EDIT: Oh, it doesn't seem to be. I'll make sure its put in. Sorry, I guess it just feels obvious after you've been working on EB for so long.

Foot
    Last edited by Foot; 05-26-2007 at 13:29.
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    Why would you fix it? I'm sure thats in the FAQ about the Marian reforms. If its not I'll ask Marcus to put it in.

EDIT: Oh, it doesn't seem to be. I'll make sure its put in. Sorry, I guess it just feels obvious after you've been working on EB for so long.

Foot
    well i was a virgin about the Marian reform and i guess i´ve just got screwed.............. over

...George Patton

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

2 is a bit hard to understand what you are talking about. Are you talking about being able to recruit Accenii or Rorarii in a town and then when you build the first level of MIC you can build that there?

nah for example i´m given the option of building something and that structure (when u read what it produces) tells u that u r able to produce (if u build it of course) Townwatch BUT the townwatch is already a soldier i can produce as a unit and i dont need the building so is like having the thing backwards.I dont know if u get what i mean. U suppossed to get a building so u get the specific unit BUT i have the unit already without the building so why getting it then.
    Check this pic out

Here it says that if u build this u can train townwatch BUT as u can see the townwatch is already an option i can get so why bother getting that structure huh?
    Or maybe i´m wrong
    And also the townwatch is the weakest of the 3 in that pic. If u advance into the Marian i think the townwatch in that case should have better attributes otherwise i wont look foward to having it, i´d keep what i already have.
    Last edited by neoiq5719; 05-26-2007 at 21:48.

...George Patton

That's the second level of the Marian MIC. You get the first level placed automatically, which has the Vigiles in them. You can then chose to build the second level of the MIC, which has no new units in it (but still the Vigiles). There are new units on the third level though.

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Building/Unit question

I suspect that is because governors houses of your nation let you recruit your most basic "police" unit - vigiles for post marian rome, poeni cit. mil. for Qarthadaesti, hoplitie haploi for western grecce, pantodapoi for eastern greece, ect, ect.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    That's the second level of the Marian MIC. You get the first level placed automatically, which has the Vigiles in them. You can then chose to build the second level of the MIC, which has no new units in it (but still the Vigiles). There are new units on the third level though.
    So then u have to get that building in order to access the third level? Which i guess might be the cohort then?
    I think it should be specified a bit better in the card. Something like " 3rd level MIC access" or something like that but not what u already have cos your first reaction when u play for the first time is to ignore it.
    Last edited by neoiq5719; 05-27-2007 at 06:41.

...George Patton

There are a lot of places where certain MICs have gaps in recruitment depending on the level. There are some places that don't have any units until MIC level 4.

So then u have to get that building in order to access the third level? Which i guess might be the cohort then?
    I think it should be specified a bit better in the card. Something like " 3rd level MIC access" or something like that but not what u already have cos your first reaction when u play for the first time is to ignore it.
    It's marked on Arkatreides' cards.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking