Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: Rome - Season 2

  1. #1
    Guest Dayve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,659

    Default Rome - Season 2

    I found a website yesterday that streams all 10 episodes in perfect condition of Rome season 2, i thought i would post it here since everybody i have told who i knew would be interested in this didn't even know they had started making the second series yet... I just stumbled upon it 2 days ago by chance and nearly wet myself when all 10 episodes worked perfectly.

    I won't put a link here because i think it might be against the rules or something, but if you want it then PM me and i will gladly send it, but be quick, as of now all 10 episodes work perfectly... As it is with these streaming websites, 2 days from now half may not work due to legal reasons...

    The link also has the entire series 1 too, i'm not sure if all those work as beautifully as season 2 though as i haven't tried them... I fully intend on buying season 2 on DVD as i did with season 1, but it hasn't even aired on TV here yet, let alone released on DVD.

    Or if a moderator were to PM me and tell me it was ok to put the link in this post...
    Last edited by Dayve; 05-26-2007 at 11:55.

  2. #2
    Member Member AngryAngelDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    yeah nice tv-series

    but itīs sad they ended the series after the second season.
    it had much potential.

  3. #3
    Member Member mAIOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Maia - Portugal
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    It also was extremely expensive... That's the main reason not to make further seasons. It was a miracle they made the second season as it is.


    CHeers...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mAIOR
    It also was extremely expensive... That's the main reason not to make further seasons. It was a miracle they made the second season as it is.


    CHeers...
    I saw both seasons in one week a month ago. Fracking great searies! Awsome show! Titus Pullo the man, Ray Stevenson!
    DAMN! I FORGOT WHERE DO WE DINE TONIGHT!?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAngelDD
    yeah nice tv-series

    but itīs sad they ended the series after the second season.
    it had much potential.
    what? there wont be a third one?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

    ...George Patton

    History repeats itself because CA wasnt listening the first time (or any other)

  6. #6
    Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Apparently not.
    There was a petition online as I remember, but I forgot the link.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!


    Back.

  7. #7
    Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In a calm spot
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Highly improbable that there will be a third season. Apart from the money issue the story has simply been told! Most of the protagonists are gone and, even more important, Octavian has won. End of story. What else is there to tell?
    No, I think it had a nice ending and shouldn't be continued. It would be bad...

  8. #8
    Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    At the beginning it was the story of Pullo and Vorenus. They could go back to that.
    Or, go further in time.
    Rome:69AD, the year of the four emperors. Or the conquest of britain, or the various major plots. Plenty of possibilities.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!


    Back.

  9. #9
    Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In a calm spot
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Oh, I see what you mean. New cast, new story, new setting. Simply "more Rome". Well maybe, if the figures at HBO are satisfying, there may be hope for that.

  10. #10
    Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    322

    Wink Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by I of the Storm
    Highly improbable that there will be a third season. Apart from the money issue the story has simply been told! Most of the protagonists are gone and, even more important, Octavian has won. End of story. What else is there to tell?
    No, I think it had a nice ending and shouldn't be continued. It would be bad...
    NERO!!!! WE WANT NEROOOO!!!!!! But seriously yeah I like how it ended even though they left it pretty open just incase. Like even though Vorenus is in a bed we never actually see him die, we've got Cloe's son living with Pullo, Octavian's got a lot of work to do whilst his mother and Wife get into a scuffle ect. They ended it rather well but they certainly made sure that, given the chance to come back, they'd have some things to work with.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

    Currently rising to power as:

  11. #11
    Guest Dayve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,659

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    How can they make a third installment and change all the actors and storyline? I had a hard time following season 2 because a lot of actors from the first were gone and i missed them, especially Caesar, and that new lad they got to play Octavian got on my nerves...

    Season 2 was good, but nowhere near as good as the first...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Well i guess it should be like the total war games. Rome is over so letīs move on to the Knights period huh?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

    ...George Patton

    History repeats itself because CA wasnt listening the first time (or any other)

  13. #13
    Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In a calm spot
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    True, there are some loose ends but I think they should let it be. I'd be happier with a completely new HBO/BBC coproduction of that intensity on a completely different historical subject. If Rome sells good, which I hope it will do, and this TV-profile is profitable then all of history is theirs to use. Stories always have a perfect moment for them to end, and they caught it with Rome. Continuing it would most likely cause some disappointment, I'm afraid.

  14. #14
    EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The State of Jefferson, USA
    Posts
    5,722

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    Like even though Vorenus is in a bed we never actually see him die...
    I noticed that too. Seems like they didn't want to definately kill him off. Maybe the love of his family will cure him or something stupid. And after all, if Titus Pullo can survive things like pottery stuck in his brain, why couldn't Vorenus survive a little stomach wound?


  15. #15
    Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    6,383
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Its gonna be extremely expensive but..
    ill love to see Rome season 3 about 2nd punic war
    I love Hannibal


    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

  16. #16
    Bopa Member Incongruous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    H.M.S Default
    Posts
    2,647

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Going back in time?
    Thats a new spin on things.

    Sig by Durango

    Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

  17. #17
    Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Isca
    Posts
    13,477

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    The BBC didn't screen series two, after the first series got slammed so badly over here.

    If the Beeb had screened the second series they'd probably never have been able to make another historical drama, ever.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

    [IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

  18. #18
    Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Why was it slammed? I heard the critics enjoyed and had good ratings.
    Too much sex? Or violence? I mean for the standards of the Roman world I think they'd view it as a Nickolodeon type of show, I think they did their best and did not go over the top (the gladiatorial fight near the end of the first series is just superb).
    There was a lot of sex in the second season especially towards the end. So back to the original question what made the brits (you're in Uk right?) so mad at the show?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    A lot of the problem is because the beeb cut out a lot of the politics from the first two episodes which they joined into one, yet kept all the sex in, their reasoning being that British people would already know the causes of the civil war.

    But I haven't seen any of the reviews, that's just what I've heard.

    Wiki says that the been haven't confirmed an airing date yet, but if they refuse to show it it'd be bollocks if you look at it since it was a coproduction between the beeb and HBO and the beeb gets their funding via taxes so why shouldn't the public be able to watch what they pay for?

  20. #20
    Guest Dayve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,659

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Probably a bunch of 80 year old Catholic women writing in to protest because it had 30-40 sex scenes in it...

    So what? The point of the series is to show people what the Romans lived like, and you cannot show how the Romans lived without showing their love of sex... Besides, sex always was and still is the most important thing that exists to the human race, without it the species would die.

    Boggles my mind as to why people are so damn offended by it. The show is clearly not to be watched by anybody under 18 due to the violence and sex, and it is given clear warning of this before the show starts so that parents can send their children to bed or whatever they do with them to get them out of the way... I see no reason why adults have to stop the second series from airing... If it's not your taste, don't watch it... Doesn't give you the right to stop other adults from watching, as somebody else here said, what their tax money paid to make!

  21. #21
    Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Well they did go OTT even by Roman standards once and awhile. Like when Vorenus wrecked that statue of a Roman Goddess(not sure which one) and said "I frack Juno(I think) up the arse! I am a son of Hades!!" or something silly like that. Now, I know fair and well that the Romans were pretty superstitious folks(Heck, back then everybody was.) do you really think those guys would've just stood there in awe? I don't. I think they would've clobbered Vorenus to death right there on the spot for insulting the gods. First, by destroying the avatar of a goddess, then claiming he's the son of the God of the dead? Sorry, but that really smacks of "Hollywoodism" to me.
    And just for comparison's sake, lets see you go to Italy and bang up a likeness of the Virgin Mary claiming you were the anti-Christ. Doesn't sound so cool now does it?

    Now don't get me wrong ROME was a fantastic show, but come on its HBO people! Don't take everything you saw in that show as showing "what the Romans lived like"
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

    Currently rising to power as:

  22. #22
    Guest Dayve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,659

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    Well they did go OTT even by Roman standards once and awhile. Like when Vorenus wrecked that statue of a Roman Goddess(not sure which one) and said "I frack Juno(I think) up the arse! I am a son of Hades!!" or something silly like that. Now, I know fair and well that the Romans were pretty superstitious folks(Heck, back then everybody was.) do you really think those guys would've just stood there in awe? I don't. I think they would've clobbered Vorenus to death right there on the spot for insulting the gods. First, by destroying the avatar of a goddess, then claiming he's the son of the God of the dead? Sorry, but that really smacks of "Hollywoodism" to me.
    And just for comparison's sake, lets see you go to Italy and bang up a likeness of the Virgin Mary claiming you were the anti-Christ. Doesn't sound so cool now does it?

    Now don't get me wrong ROME was a fantastic show, but come on its HBO people! Don't take everything you saw in that show as showing "what the Romans lived like"
    Vorenus had lost his wife and his kids... He was a little bit peeved with the gods at that point, as you would be with yours if you have any and if they had allowed that to happen to you... Would you not? I don't think he cared what gods he offended...

    And don't forget that those men were little more than murderers and thugs and savages and while they may have been a little superstitious as everybody naturally is, at the end of the day they were pretty much just barbarians living in Rome... They murdered senators and rich men just for their money. That scene wasn't over the top at all.

    What was over the top was Pullo and Vorenus killing 15 experienced Roman soldiers all armed with sword and shield, while they had just a sword...

  23. #23
    Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    322

    Cool Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayve
    Vorenus had lost his wife and his kids... He was a little bit peeved with the gods at that point, as you would be with yours if you have any and if they had allowed that to happen to you... Would you not? I don't think he cared what gods he offended...

    And don't forget that those men were little more than murderers and thugs and savages and while they may have been a little superstitious as everybody naturally is, at the end of the day they were pretty much just barbarians living in Rome... They murdered senators and rich men just for their money. That scene wasn't over the top at all.

    What was over the top was Pullo and Vorenus killing 15 experienced Roman soldiers all armed with sword and shield, while they had just a sword...
    How were they any more "barbarian" then the senators? And it doesn't matter what happened to Vorenus to cause him to act out, like they'd really give a frack. It was very OTT. Read some credible books on ancient Rome and you'll see why. I agree on that last comment tho, Pullo and Vorenus were way to overpowered throughout the series, and at times it was really hard to suspend my disbelief.


    As for the sex scenes....damn......they make The Sopranos look tame.
    Last edited by The Celt; 05-27-2007 at 15:28.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

    Currently rising to power as:

  24. #24
    Guest Dayve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,659

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    How were they any more "barbarian" then the senators? And it doesn't matter what happened to Vorenus to cause him to act out, like they'd really give a frack. It was very OTT. Read some credible books on ancient Rome and you'll see why. I agree on that last comment tho, Pullo and Vorenus were way to overpowered throughout the series, and at times it was really hard to suspend my disbelief.


    As for the sex scenes....damn......they make The Sopranos look tame.
    Because they lived in squalor and murdered people for a living. My statement still stands. Everything Vorenus lived for was taken away, and if it were me i would be just as disillusioned with my gods as he was.

  25. #25
    Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    322

    Wink Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayve
    Because they lived in squalor and murdered people for a living. My statement still stands. Everything Vorenus lived for was taken away, and if it were me i would be just as disillusioned with my gods as he was.
    So what?Again, I'd doubt they'd care. How do you know some of those men hadn't lost someone close to them as well? If it were me in that situation, I'd say something like "What makes you think your so special? You were a rich statesmen once! We were always poor! You had much when we had nothing!! We've been suffering down here longer then you have!"
    So he lost his family? So what? I'm sure some of those men lost their families in the civil war or other conflicts, hence why they were in the Aventine in the first place!(Save the Mob bosses and those who were born there, and those guys probably lost a few of their parents/siblings at an early age anyway.)
    You could also argue that maybe their faith was one of the few things they had left, and Vorenus just took that and fracked it in their faces. Don't think that would be the best thing to do in a RL situation. But then again, I'm not the writer!

    But I digress, its just a TV show by HBO, I really shouldn't be looking THAT deeply into the plot. Besides, they had a guest writer come on the show every episode this season so its not the entire show thats at fault.
    Last edited by The Celt; 05-27-2007 at 17:25.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

    Currently rising to power as:

  26. #26
    Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Isca
    Posts
    13,477

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Vorrenus would have been tried and very publically executed for that offence. Painfully. No question of that at all. There are also the massive and deliberate changes to history and I'm sorry to tell you this but the Republic Romans had the same attitude to sex as the Victorians. Stiff upper lip in public at all times, raunchy in private but not with the wife. If any of that got out is was seriously embarressing, Caesar and Pompey were both shamed and mocked for their various indiscretions.

    Real or imagined.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

    [IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

  27. #27
    EB Beta Tester & Sex Slave Member Brightblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    My whole issue with the series was... lack of CGI battles!!! argg...


    We ask ourselves whether our names will echo through the ages... how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved.

    Currently: Slave in EB's beta testing dungeons!

  28. #28
    Member Member CrownOfSwords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Posts
    283

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Problem is that the show was way too expensive to make, and they already dealt with the peroid of Roman history most people are familiar with. I don't think they believe as many people would be interested if they shifted to a different time peroid. I'd love to see it shift to the punic war peroid or even later to Atilla the hun.

  29. #29
    Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla
    Vorrenus would have been tried and very publically executed for that offence. Painfully. No question of that at all. There are also the massive and deliberate changes to history and I'm sorry to tell you this but the Republic Romans had the same attitude to sex as the Victorians. Stiff upper lip in public at all times, raunchy in private but not with the wife. If any of that got out is was seriously embarressing, Caesar and Pompey were both shamed and mocked for their various indiscretions.

    Real or imagined.
    See thats what I always figured. But when most people think of the Romans they think of the decedent "Lorica Segmenta" Romans who have women dancing half naked covered in wine whilst their husbands roll around on the floor giggling in their Togas! Thanks for backing me up PVC!
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

    Currently rising to power as:

  30. #30
    Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Isca
    Posts
    13,477

    Default Re: Rome - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    See thats what I always figured. But when most people think of the Romans they think of the decedent "Lorica Segmenta" Romans who have women dancing half naked covered in wine whilst their husbands roll around on the floor giggling in their Togas! Thanks for backing me up PVC!
    Yep, naked wenches, Lorica Segmentata, things took a real dive sometime after Tiberius.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

    [IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO