Thread: Zonealarm pro and zonealarm internet security suite

Question Zonealarm pro and zonealarm internet security suite

I'm due to renew my zonealarm pro subscription, and it's offering me a free upgrade to the internet security suite at the same time. Is taking that free upgrade a good idea? I know that some of the newer security programs hog resources and create other issues, so I want to check first.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Default Re: Zonealarm pro and zonealarm internet security suite

froggy, I went through this dilemma a few months ago. You apparently can't get just the update to the firewall anymore. To update the firewall, you have to get the entire security suite. I opted not to do so, so I can't comment on the resource hog end. I found it very annoying that Zonealarm would pull such a stunt. Sorry ZA, I don't need the rest of that crap - I just want your (free) firewall. That sounds really obnoxious considering the firewall is free, but I hate marketing ploys like this.
    This space intentionally left blank

I decided to stick with what I know, and renewed up subscription for zonealarm pro without the free upgrade. I'm not that interested in the gubbins the security suite has.

Gregoshi, I don't understand. The only free zonealarm firewall I can find is the 15 day trial. My firewall updates itself every day, and much to my vexation it has a habit of doing so when I'm in a full screen program, alt+tabbing me back to my desktop with no warning. Highly annoying, and I can't seem to find a setting which will stop it fussing abouit with updates when I'm trying to conquer the world.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

My firewall never updates itself and neither did it ever let me down or cost any money. You might have not wanted to renew the subscription and look for something different, but I guess it's too late now.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

Exclamation Not good any more

@frogbeastegg

Don't use any more Zone Alarm. They are not what they were in past any more. Sad but true. New v7 is not any more top product, and Internet Security is average.

Comodo Free Firewall v2.4 is currently the best firewall. I use it, and I am very pleased.
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.