Thread: multiplayer results

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

well,

has anyone else noticed that the multiplayer recordings have apparently become much poorer in the past few weeks.
    I know of something like 8-10 matches that I have won/lost in competitive play that have not been fully recorded, but instead say "battle not completed"....
    this is really annoying, especially when you are on a winning streak.

-has anyone else noticed the recent decrease in effective result recording??
    maybe we should get them to work on this as well as the other things they are working on??

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

It's time to go on the honor system, then.

I think the best thing would be to have more Tourneys and other competitions. These would be much more fun. The problem with the honour rankings is that they are supposed to be the definitive rankings, so everybody gets really obsessed with them. With Tourneys held every so often, it gives everyone an even chance of competing, and if they do well in those matches they win. The guy who wins the Tourney is not champion forever though, and must defend his position in the next Tourney.

I am definitely all for having more tourneys, official or otherwise for the community...gives me that warm glow inside...on the subject of MP recordings, I still have 5 or 6 battles from last year that are still marked as incomplete!! I hope someone is taking note of this, I want my ranking to be an acurrate assessment of battles won and lost, tis only fair.

------------------
    To be happy it is necessary not to be too intelligent

- Flaubert-

[This message has been edited by Dwimmerlaik (edited 11-11-2000).]
    Not born, not destroyed,
    Not stained, not pure,
    Without loss, without gain.

The problem is that nobody can correct these results now, since there are no publicly accessible admins, nor is there any way of entering results for games not recorded (imagine the cheating! ) so I guess we're stuck with the odd unrecorded result here and there

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

Just a word of warning if you try to escape out and get hung instead- you may get a loss instead of an incomplete

We wer playing a 4v4 when the other guys lost a player due to a drop. Being the chivalrous type as host I hit to allow for a restart, but nothing happened. Hit it 4-5 times still nothin. Finally resorted to . When I checked my record I had a loss
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

Yeah, I remember that battle!

It was very weird, since AFAIK (I have never used it, ever) ESC allows you to quit a battle without recording a result.

It seems a bit odd that after all we hear about the abuses of ESC then when it is used legitimately it doesn't work!

Blackship, in the same battle as your ally, as we believed that if the host ESC'ped no honor lost, I believe I was awarded a victory.... Go figure? There be something strange going on....

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

OK Widda...give it back!!!

I now know what it's like to feel screwed over by the EA honor system In the past when I'd hear peeps complain I'd just think "big deal", guess I'll just have to say "big deal" too
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

NO, Its mine, I'm keeping it, I Escaped fairly ....... doh!

Yes Zen I also often have not recorded comp V or D but I didn't really see an increase of those last days...
    What I have seen is also games not recorded or recorded as not ended but the global V and D (and global honour) correctly updated.
    La mort n'est rien mais vivre vaincu et sans gloire c'est mourir tous les jours

i have noticed that as well but i check my rank after each battle and even thou it might say battle incomplete. you will see that you have 1 more win or loss on your record. as link said

[This message has been edited by ShadowKill (edited 11-14-2000).]
    Clan Shades
    come by and give us a visit
    ShadeLord Shiba a member of clan shades