Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug dogs called into my school

Default Drug dogs called into my school

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/070527/3/j7v.html

I got this notice ages ago but suddenly it's made the news. Once again the propaganda press has used it to imply that my school is one of the "bad" ones.

I know some kids have illegal drugs at our school. I also know that there are just as many at other schools, yet this article is an attempt to make us look bad again.

Shouldn't the fact that the school is trying to do something about the drug problem be a good thing? All the other schools just ignore it or say that it doesn't exist. At least we don't shy away from it.

I really don't see why this should have made the headlines. Anyway, what are your opinions?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Drug dogs called into my school

Drug dogs come in my school every once in a while. Of course my school has a pretty bad drug problem. I wouldn't let it bother you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

I understand the need of some people to use drugs to get through a day of highschool.

What a waste of time that was...
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat
    http://nz.news.yahoo.com/070527/3/j7v.html

I got this notice ages ago but suddenly it's made the news. Once again the propaganda press has used it to imply that my school is one of the "bad" ones.

I know some kids have illegal drugs at our school. I also know that there are just as many at other schools, yet this article is an attempt to make us look bad again.

Shouldn't the fact that the school is trying to do something about the drug problem be a good thing? All the other schools just ignore it or say that it doesn't exist. At least we don't shy away from it.

I really don't see why this should have made the headlines. Anyway, what are your opinions?
    Mate it's Rotavegas, the high swinging fun capital of the mid north....

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Gah!

Pretty strange, never heard of a school ever doing that.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

I think that schools should have dug sniffing dogs come by at least once a year. One of the things that I think it would do would cut down on the drug problem if the possibility of being caught is there.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

I went to a 'sink' inner city high school. Although we had pretty much all the kinds of trouble you can imagine, fights, violence, disruption of lessons, vandalism, etc, I never saw any drugs on school grounds.

I always thought that was somewhat strange.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe it's because I come from the American public school system, but...
    ho-hum.
    Did they even find anything? I find it hard to believe that there's no drug problem at the school. Maybe having a couple pot-heads and a dealer or two at every school is only normal in America.

Or maybe I'm desensitized after I saw dog drugs go into a room in my dorm this year.

CR
    EDIT: Note, usually these kids didn't bring drugs to school .
    Last edited by Crazed Rabbit; 05-27-2007 at 16:50.
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

There is no where better to loom for drugs than your local HS. At least here in the US. Maybe the Jr high is safer as they face less penalties if caught since their minors.

In fact many dealers use them for just that reason.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Legalize!
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER
    Legalize!
    Wouldn't change anything. Schools usually get to ban a lot more stuff than in the general public.

What's the scare? It happens all the time. Nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiochusIII
    Wouldn't change anything. Schools usually get to ban a lot more stuff than in the general public.

What's the scare? It happens all the time. Nothing to hide.

Wicked.

It doesn't have anything to do with my post, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiochusIII
    Wicked.

It doesn't have anything to do with my post, though.
    The last sentence.

The last sentence.
    *epiphany* Oooooh. Got it.

It would change everything. The thing is if you legalize it you dont make it legal for minors LOL. In fact you increase by a large margin the penalty for selling it too them. To the point where you go to jail with no chance of avoiding it if found quilty. The only drug you would really have to worry about is pot since they can grow it themselves. PS I think were way to lax on stores that sell alcohol to minors as well. Id up the penalties.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    It would change everything. The thing is if you legalize it you dont make it legal for minors LOL. In fact you increase by a large margin the penalty for selling it too them. To the point where you go to jail with no chance of avoiding it if found quilty. The only drug you would really have to worry about is pot since they can grow it themselves. PS I think were way to lax on stores that sell alcohol to minors as well. Id up the penalties.
    Reminds me of a sign I saw at the local pharmacy recently. It said that plasters to quit smoking required a prescription from the doctor if you're below 18. Need I mention that you can't buy cigarettes unless you're above 18?

Or to get to the point, if any drug will end up as accepted as cigarettes or alchohol it will be utterly easy for minors to get hold of it, because even with draconian laws it would be very hard to get someone convicted of it. Besides, you would've to convict the minors quite hard too, as otherwise you've gotten a very wierd system, were the ones that initiates the attempted crime are going free and can try again.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Or to get to the point, if any drug will end up as accepted as cigarettes or alchohol it will be utterly easy for minors to get hold of it,
    Its easier for kids today to buy cocaine than cigarettess or beer . Thats a fact. They sell if for crying out loud. There no money in selling beer or cigarettes to kids. You just dont get it.

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking Re: Drug dogs called into my school

the funny thing about my school is that every time there is an upcoming raid someone finds out, then by extension EVERYONE finds out. so when the police show up the next day the place is clean as a whistle.

Face the facts, teenagers are dumb (me excluded) and in being dumb they tend to be mindlessly self-indulgent, without remorse or fear of repirations because to them they have done nothing wrong.
    I know plenty of kids who are listless stoners, but i know many who have to suffer school, homework, and a job on top of the general teenage angst. sometimes a cigg or pot helps for a little.
    Not saying that legalizing it would solve the problem but trying to make kids feel like criminals for smoking pot just isn't working.
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

Well my school has some control freaks in the upper positions unfortunately. Our school uniform is ruthlessly enforced. Ipods, cellphones, laptops, any non-completely black shoes, ear rings, CD players, obviously smoking and drinking alcohol, the sweaters which used to be school uniform are now not allowed as well as chewing gum are all completely BANNED. And I'm sure a few other things I've forgotten.

Going anywhere whether, within the school or outside of the school, is not allowed unless all these notes have been written and all this other crap done.

AntiochusIII is right, schools are extremely facist and can get away with it. Despite the fact that I don't agree with our need for strict uniform regulations or the banning of all electronics, except calculators, I don't think the drug dogs are a bad thing. I know people who have had drugs at school, and there is still the crowd who smoke cigarettes at school but they are diminishing as they are getting caught (one even tried climbing a tree to have a smoke).

I have no problems with smokers and I agree with what one of my teachers pointed out, if they had of just left them to smoke in the far off corner of the school by the road like they used to then they wouldn't have the problem of them in the toilets or hiding in other parts of the school and then setting off a smoke alarm. Driving them into hiding just makes it worse for everyone.

So now that I'm sure I've painted a positively ghastly image of my school I would just like to say that we are however the best school in the city and although we have problems at least we don't shy away from them like most of the others.

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Wink Re: Drug dogs called into my school

I hope you had time to hide your stash!
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

easier for kids today to buy cocaine than cigarettess or beer . Thats a fact. They sell if for crying out loud. There no money in selling beer or cigarettes to kids. You just dont get it.
    as it happens , for those that don't get it , there is more profit nowdays if you smuggle cigarettes rather than cocaine .

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    I hope you had time to hide your stash!
    There is a rumour going on of someone intending to hide a stash of something in one of the teacher's offices, just to put them in a difficuilt situation. But if anyone asks, you didn't hear it from me.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Its easier for kids today to buy cocaine than cigarettess or beer . Thats a fact. They sell if for crying out loud. There no money in selling beer or cigarettes to kids. You just dont get it.
    Wonder's exactly how many cocaine users I've knewed compared to the amount of underage smokers... I can have missed a few cocaine users as they usually doesn't do it openly though.

Sure, it's probably a much bigger problem in the US than here though.

But did you notice that I mentioned acceptance level? My alchohol dealers when I couldn't buy it myself was my parents, my older sister and few of my older friends. I suspect many of the pot-smokers here would do the same for thier children if thier children would want it. Sure the number would probably be way lower for heroin, but you get my point.
    What punishment do you find acceptable for them, and for me for that matter?
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat
    There is a rumour going on of someone intending to hide a stash of something in one of the teacher's offices, just to put them in a difficuilt situation. But if anyone asks, you didn't hear it from me.
    And this neatly explains why your school has lots of rules (that you believe are fascist impositions on your freedom).

Young people often need guidance on what is appropriate so when they become adults, they don't end up in prison.

Planting drugs in a teacher's office is reprehensible and you should immediately report these rumours to your principal. You do understand that the teacher could lose their job, go to jail, perhaps lose their family and home? It's not a joke in the adult world?

Framing someone for a drugs offence is also a criminal act in most jurisdictions. It is your civic duty, if you know about these plans, even if hot-air, to tell someone in authority of your suspicions. It's the adult thing to do.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost
    And this neatly explains why your school has lots of rules (that you believe are fascist impositions on your freedom).

Young people often need guidance on what is appropriate so when they become adults, they don't end up in prison.

Planting drugs in a teacher's office is reprehensible and you should immediately report these rumours to your principal. You do understand that the teacher could lose their job, go to jail, perhaps lose their family and home? It's not a joke in the adult world?

Framing someone for a drugs offence is also a criminal act in most jurisdictions. It is your civic duty, if you know about these plans, even if hot-air, to tell someone in authority of your suspicions. It's the adult thing to do.
    Don't listen to this guy, Hep. Besides, jail is awesome, I promise. Also, post what you posted here on more websites. Also talk about it, A LOT. Make it sound as though you're responsible.

Dude......

Wonder's exactly how many cocaine users I've knewed compared to the amount of underage smokers... I can have missed a few cocaine users as they usually doesn't do it openly though.
    Because kids see cocaine as dangerous not because they cant get it.

Anything you have ever heard of is available in your kid's high school. Does that sound extreme? OK, I'll be cautious. Unless your child goes to an unusual school, almost any drug of abuse most people have heard of is available. That statement I'll stick with. Are you a fossil who remembers the Sixties? Kids today know as much about drugs, and have as much access, as you did. And they know this stuff in the tenth grade.

Some years back I began looking at drugs in Arlington's schools. I talked to cops and, more importantly, to a few kids I could trust. I asked, what drugs can kids get-I mean, easily get-in school today? Answer: Crystal meth, acid, shrooms, nitrous, crack, powder, any inhalant known to man, bud, and, with perhaps a little effort, heroin. Don't forget Ritalin, a major drug of abuse. The dealers often are kids in the schools.
    Do you have a kid in HS? Mine graduated a few years back and I can tell you he told me exactly the same as this guy.

Next to the schools, shopping malls are probably the best source of drugs in suburbia. So kids say, anyway. Parents often have no clue what goes on in malls. The kids want to go hang out with their friends, and what's wrong with that? In Arlington, Courthouse was notorious, and probably still is. A kid wants acid? He goes to the mall and asks who has some. Liquid? Blotter? Price? Hey, I can it cheaper from so and so. And so on.
    LINK

Its really gotten bad when you hear things like this

And the percentage of high school students who report that drugs are used, sold and kept at their schools continued to inch up, rising to 78 percent this year from 72 percent in 1996."
    Then they try to make you feel good and say its not so bad.

This is the kind of quantitative information guaranteed to arouse the panicky attention of parents. Statistics like these, however, cry out to be placed in perspective. "Overall," the Columbia survey indicates, "41 percent of 17-year-olds said they have smoked marijuana, while 39 percent said they drank and 23 percent said they smoked in the previous 30 days."
    So its good that more kids smoke pot than drink or smoke cigarettes? Their happy less than half of kids do these drugs lol. Is that accpetable to anyone else here?

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Legalize!
    Y saco un papelillo, me preparo un cigarrillo
    y una china pal canuto de hach&#237;s &#161;HACH&#205;s!
    Saca ya la china, "tron", &#161;Venga ya esa china, "tron"
    qu&#233;mame la china "tron", &#161;NO HAY CHINAS!

Saco un papelillo...
    No hay chinas, no hay chinas hoy.

Saco un papelillo...

Legalegalizaci&#243;n &#161;CANNABIS!,
    de calidad y barato
    Legalegalizaci&#243;n &#161;CANNABIS!,
    basta de prohibici&#243;n.

Ni en Chueca, en La Latina, no hay en Tirso de Molina
    ni en Vallekas ni siquiera en Chamber&#237; &#161;HACH&#205;S!
    Yo quiero una china "tron", dame esa china "tron"
    saca ya la china "tron" &#161;NO HAY CHINA!

Sin cortarme un pelo, yo quiero mi caramelo
    voy corriendo buscando ami amigo Al&#237; &#161;AL&#205;!
    P&#225;same una china "tron", yo quiero una china "tron"
    una posturita "tron"
    "No chinas, no chinas hoy"
    &#161;NO CHINAS, NO CHINAS HOY!

Legalegalizaci&#243;n...

&#161;CANNABIS, CANNABIS, CANNABIS!
    Legalegalizaci&#243;n
    Yo te quiero Marihuana...

&#161;LEGALIZA, LEGALIZA!, &#161;LE-GA-LI-ZA-CI&#211;N!
    &#161;Basta ya de hipocres&#237;a!, &#161;LE-GA-LI-ZA-CI&#211;N!
    &#161;LE-GA-LI-ZA-CI&#211;N!

I'm starting to like spanish punk. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost

Jeez, what do you take me for? I wasn't serious, this is worse than when I implied I was a sheep fancier and Ichingo and discovery1 both thought I was serious. It's not actually a rumour going around the school that someone is going to do it's just a joke going around the school. "Wouldn't it be funny if someone planted drugs in one of the teacher's offices."

I thought the smiley would have shown I wasn't serious, jeez I feel like an idiot now. I have never done drugs and don't ever intend to, neither have I possessed any.

Of course I don't actually wish for it to happen, I think that the drug dogs coming to the school is a good thing as I stated above!

So yeah, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

This thread is amusing. I've only seen pills delt in my school and not ecstacy or acid that's extremely rare outside of the bigger cities. Pot or cocaine would rarely be dealt in a school. You'de have to have a large amount to make any kind of profit.

Only an idiot would go to a mall and start asking random people where they could get some acid. Most drug deals are gotten through knowing people who do it, not randomly asking around for it. I've seen more drug deals in a WhatABurger then I've ever seen in a mall.

Answer: Crystal meth, acid, shrooms, nitrous, crack, powder, any inhalant known to man, bud, and, with perhaps a little effort, heroin. Don't forget Ritalin, a major drug of abuse. The dealers often are kids in the schools.
    Those are the only two I've ever seen delt in school and Ritalin more than anything else.

This is the kind of quantitative information guaranteed to arouse the panicky attention of parents. Statistics like these, however, cry out to be placed in perspective. "Overall," the Columbia survey indicates, "41 percent of 17-year-olds said they have smoked marijuana, while 39 percent said they drank and 23 percent said they smoked in the previous 30 days."
    And I'm sure they all told the truth too. Cause everyone knows HS students never lie about doing illegal things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast