Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Suggestion Box

Default Re: Suggestion Box

All hail Mak for the perfect explanation.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

I don't really want to make another thread for this question since I'm not sure if it's already been answered, so I'll post it here:
    This modification is for M2TW or M2TW+Kingdoms?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Medieval 2 I think, not kingdoms.

Fireblade

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Post Re: Suggestion Box

Is this a good dark elf name: Kazimir Asur-Slayer, cause i remember reading it somewhere and i think it sounds cool so it would sweet if you could make a general named that.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Random^ it's for m2tw.

Are you sure? One of the dwarven units posted as a screenshot earlier seemed to use the fire effects from Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Knicket
    Are you sure? One of the dwarven units posted as a screenshot earlier seemed to use the fire effects from Kingdoms.
    From what I understand, the fire effect is not actually the one from Kingdoms. Or it is, but does not require Kingdoms. Either way, you won't need Kingsoms to play this mod.
    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one. - Godwin's Law

The fire effect IS from Kindoms but you don't need it to play you just copy the MESH and the ANI files and voila.

Quick suggestion: All races should have be able to build a "Bloodbowl Stadium". Suitably renamed of course in order not to infringe copyright etc.

Family members who live in a city with the stadium can randomly gain ancillaries like Chaos Cup etc to indicate they own a winning team and gain some kind of income/influence bonus

You can also have "[former] bloodbowl star player" as a trait giving +x hitpoints.

Then, really if this is a popular idea it can be taken a lot further with all sorts of different possibilities depending on positions played giving different + or - bonuses, whether likes a running or passing game etc etc

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Suitably renamed of course in order not to infringe copyright etc.
    I believe GW have a very leanient CR policy when it comes to mods. So long as the mod is only Warhammer, and you don't include Warhammer idea's into your own fantasy, it's ok to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambyses
    Quick suggestion: All races should have be able to build a "Bloodbowl Stadium". Suitably renamed of course in order not to infringe copyright etc.

Family members who live in a city with the stadium can randomly gain ancillaries like Chaos Cup etc to indicate they own a winning team and gain some kind of income/influence bonus

You can also have "[former] bloodbowl star player" as a trait giving +x hitpoints.

Then, really if this is a popular idea it can be taken a lot further with all sorts of different possibilities depending on positions played giving different + or - bonuses, whether likes a running or passing game etc etc
    At most, I think Bloodbowl should make a cameo appearance. Relating it to game effects should be limited, as Blood Bowl is a bit of a parallel universe to Warhammer. Having a stadium of some sort makes sense for some races but not all.
    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one. - Godwin's Law

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

I think having Bloodbowl related traits and even buildings in cities, I think is a great idea. It isn't a major thing in the WH universe so I don't think it should be more than simply referenced
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Blood bowl is set 1000s of years after WHFB, they have bloody chainsaws and maniac stuff, i would be aginst incuding it in the mod.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

please leave magic and role playing out. Leave it purely tactical and strategic.

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    It doesn't, it's ruins were completely destroyed by Magnus the Pious and his army after defeating the chaos incursion.

Under the reign of Karl Franz, the empire is a fairly stable realm, but nothing suggest the lords wouldn't rebel if they think they can get away with it. So maybe give a number of generals low loyalty, but that's it.

fireblade
    Really, i thought that was the city that had a piece of warpstone crash into, but if it;s not please tell me which one got annihilated by warpstone so i dont have to go looking in my books.
    Oh and i have idea for magic, if it's not already tooken i think it really good idea i came up with, so here it is. Make the mage guarded by good but not elite infantry like siege engine then make them have 2 or 3 long range attacks like siege engine's normal and flaming missiles, please tell me if it can be done cause then it would be more like real warhammer when a mage joins a group, thanks.
    Last edited by Goncalou; 03-24-2008 at 20:44.

If you are talking about mordheim, yes, the city was hit by a meteor a.k.a twin-tailed comet a.k.a Sigmar's righteous fury. After that it became a dark place, with numerous warbands fighting in the ruins. Be'Lakor resided there for some time as well. After the defeat of asavar kul near kislev, the new emperor of the empire (duh!) destroyed every remnant of the city.

From what i have heard, the problem with war machine wizards is that their 'bodyguard' tends to abandon them when they are attacked.

Fireblade

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pike master
    please leave magic and role playing out. Leave it purely tactical and strategic.
    Please leave useless spam out. Leave it purely what Warhammer is all about.
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

you got it pretty much right but since i have book handy i can tell all.
    Units Champion
    Spearmen (recruited at barracks) Lordling
    Crossbowmen (recruited at archery range) Lordling
    Shades (i have no idea. they live in mountains) Blood Shades
    cold one knights (recruited at stables) Dread knight
    cold one chariots (recruited at stables) none
    reaper bolt thrower (recruited at ballista maker) none
    dark riders (recruited at stables) Herald
    witch elves (recruited at temple, like norse war clerics) Hag
    corsairs (recruited at port kind of like merchant cavalry militia) Reaver
    executioners (recruited at barracks) Draich-Master
    cauldron of blood (increases morale, decreases enemy morale) none
    harpies (undoable, they have flying) none
    black guard (high morale, pikes)
    War hydra (pretty sure it's undoable)

Major Heroes

Malekith (king)
    Morathi (mother of malekith/ maybe queen, maybe family member)
    Malus Darkbalde (great general, maybe decreases morale of allies and enemies, general or family member)
    Hellebron (leader of witch elves)
    Shadowblade (really good assassin)
    Rakarth (good general, bonus when commanding cavalry, general)
    Tullaris of Har Ganeth(inspires fear to enemy units, general)
    Kouran captain of the Black Guard(same as cauldron of blood, general)

Minor heroes

Highborn (family member)
    High Sorceress (dont no how magic will work)
    Noble (general)
    Sorceress (same as high sorceress)
    Assassin (he's an assassin)
    Beastmaster (i have no idea)

Special Abilities
    More gold from sacking settlements
    Ships have more movement points
    Assassin start out with at least 3 agents skill
    More income from mines

This has probably been discussed before, but I haven't seen it. Medieval II has the religion stat, which alot of traits and such are based on. (bonus command vrs muslims and such) In Warhammer, religion plays a part, but every faction has its own beliefs, with a little overlap among elves.

I suggest that this stat should be used, but more like it's used in the Brittania campaign in Kingdoms than religion. I would call it 'ethnicity' or some such, and it would make sudden sweeps of conquest difficult. Every faction would have ethnicity, and conquering a faction of a different ethnicity would be difficult, especially without purges. Then, you could add traits or buildings that make it easier for some races to convert. Chaos should have a corrupting effect just from bordering another faction, and swiftly convert anything they conquer. Orcs and Goblins would also have high conversion rates, coupled with high growth rates. Empire and Brettonia would be average, of course. Elves, and Dwarves should take a while. I'm not sure how Vamps and khemri should be treated, but I would leave them in the middle. probably skaven as well.

Death and Glory TW modder Member Flying Pig's Avatar

There are some characters in Warhammer so powerful that they can kill whole armies (Greater Daemons of Khorne spring to mind) so do you think a bloodthirster could be made with a ton of health and the power to tear down walls?

Also magic: Is there a way to convince it that your wizard is a trebuchet? Because with work on the missile image it could be a fireball or wierd chaos wotzit of doom.
    Last edited by Flying Pig; 04-18-2008 at 13:22.
    Death And Glory TW Needs You - Sign Up Now! All it takes is one PM!

Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

Ō zein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tēide
    keimetha tois keinōn rhēmasi peithomenoi.

Go, thou that passeth, to the Spartans tell
    That as per their orders, here we fell.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

The Blue Lotus mod for RTW has monks that cast fireballs... it's been a while since I played that mod or dropped by their forums so I don't know how it's coming along... But a new projectile that explodes on contact with the ground should do the trick.

Bwian should know all the specifics though. I'll wait patiently to see what he has to say. Wait, he does come by here, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567