OK ladies and germs, your good buddy Whacker has a challenge for all you sneaky player types!

First, a short background, this came to me playing my current campaign as Milan. Still playing the sneaky, underhanded, full-chivalry, best-friend type... only going to war when people attack me first, not using assassins at all, and buying all non-rebel land from other factions. The bottom line is I'd really like to snag Rome, and relocate his Popeliness to a small island like Malta or Palma.

So, the bottom line:

There's a few parts to this, partial answers are acceptable, however the grand prize will be given if all conditions can be met. Here it is:

- Relocate the Pope (his capital) to a place of your choosing. (I'm thinking about Malta, if ya'll need an example)

- Convince him to give you Rome, OR
- Somehow get him to make the new place his Capital and get Rome to rebel then capture it for yourself, OR
- Just get Rome to rebel so you can capture it for yourself.*

- At NO point can we go to war with him. Ticking him off is somewhat ok, as long as the relations do not go too low, and we can get them right back up to perfect with cash the next turn after this is done. You get the general idea.

- Keep him to one province at all times, except when making "the trade".

- Would like to avoid using assassins unless it's utterly impossible. If I *must* use them, then we need to keep it absolutely minimal.

I believe it's possible to meet all of these, but I'd like ya'lls advice and counsel here. If anyone knows how to do this, it's you guys.

Cheers!

* I understand the basics of trying to get a town to rebel, but honestly have never succeeded at it. So, instead of answers like "just stick some spies in his city", something more along the lines of "Stick at least 3 level 5 spies in to lower order by x", and/or "the max unrest one can cause with spies is x" is what I'm looking for.