Thread: Mongols on the run

Default Mongols on the run

Just been playing a game as Byzantium. The Mongols invaded near Baghdad, came over to Antioch for a base, took Adana off me, so I countered, retook Adana and then Antioch... and then suddenly they all ran away... "Mongol horde loses its base and relocates" according to the card that flashed up.
    So then they ran off to Jerusalem, took that off HRE and sat their 8 stacks around that for about 40 turns, until I took Acre, Damascus and Gaza, whereupon they went nuts and attacked in all directions.
    Then later in the same game I got the Timurids come in by Sarkel and take Kiev. I was as far north as Iasi, so fine I thought, let them hang out there and send a few stacks over for me to beat up.
    But next thing i knew they lost Kiev to a rebellion, they did the "Timurid horde relocates" thing, and came charging about three moves worth right over to Bucharest. That took a lot of troops to deal with.
    I've been playing MTW2 a lot, but this is the first time I saw this relocate thing, and in this game its happening all the time - well, not much longer as I had to kill the b*stards.

Typing from the Saddle Senior Member Doug-Thompson's Avatar

Default Re: Mongols on the run

This is new. Are you playing the patched 1.2 version?
    "In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns."

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Thompson
    This is new. Are you playing the patched 1.2 version?
    It isn't new. The Mongols and Timurids wil "re-horde" if they lose all of their settlements. In other words, the only way you can kill off either faction is by killing their entire family tree.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

It's happened to me before as well, with the Mongols.
    Basically it means they die running & tired. Is a neat feature though I liked it in BI as well.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Typing from the Saddle Senior Member Doug-Thompson's Avatar

I phrased my question badly. Going horde when losing your settlement has been in the game since Barbarian Invasion. What I was referring to was having this happen so frequently and apparently easily.
    "In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns."

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

This made me think of the BC mod.
    IIRC the emergent Khwarezm will have some 20 stacks (to be decided by devs yet) of the best cavalry hitting the Seljuk.
    Now that will be a challenge.

If anyone is interested you can check this thread: FACTION: The Khwarezm Shah
    Last edited by Shahed; 05-30-2007 at 20:58.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak