Thread: Heroes and Special Characters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Heroes and Special Characters

Sorry if this has been asked before, i did a small search and didnt get anything so thought i would ask.

First of all hiya everyone im new to the forums, i was linked here after i asked about information on a warhammer mod, im delighted to have found you guys, the work here looks fantastic.

Although i havnt played warhammer for around 12 years im still hooked on anything that involves warhammer, i love my high elves!

Anyway back on topic just wondering if it would be possible to add special character solo units into the mod and if so is it something that will be included or has already been discussed.

Nothing would please me more than to have Prince Tyrion charging round the battlefield like a 1 man killing machine.

Is it possible to use single units in the Total war engine?

Sorry again if its already been discussed, keep up the great work!

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Heroes and Special Characters

Not possible. The best that can be done is using Special characters figures for generals and captain models, and using them as characters/ancillaries on the campaign map.

Default Re: Heroes and Special Characters

The main issue with the way MTW2 ( and all the other TW games ) does it's units means there is a minimum size for a unit. This is around 20 men. Nothing smaller. You can vary the units physical appearance, but this is a random selection...so if you made one special model...it would be repeated at least a couple of times.

Then..they would all have the same combat stats and effectiveness, so there would not be a 'hero' as such.

Ultimately, the best we could do is to make the general the 'hero' unit. In the campaign game, you can give these guys a 'bodyguard' which would ensure they were sitting in a unit of the best available troops... but they would still be a general unit not a hero.

The game dictates this..and there is no way we can get around it. Sad...but there we are.

That aside .... we plan to make sure that the mod doesn't suffer from the lack of this feature. Instead, we hope to see great armies of undead battling Orcs, hordes of undead facing massed ranks of Dwarves and hores of Chaos sweeping across the map. And LOTS of WAR!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Damn thats a shame, but thanks for explaining it, gutted.

Cheers though! the Generals in a squad could work nicely anyway i guess :)

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kingdoms expansion will add some flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

I'm personally only grateful. I think very powerful heroes is a really silly idea since it removes a lot of the need for tactic savvy. It was the one thing that really annoyed me about Warhammer.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg