Thread: Does the Gold Shogun come with a printed manual, etc?

Default Does the Gold Shogun come with a printed manual, etc?

First of all, greetings, everyone! This is my first post. :)

Can anyone tell me the Gold edition comes with all the printed material (manual, maps, etc.) that came with the original relase, or do they just shove it all on the CD as PDF files?

I'd just buy the original version, but all I can find on eBay are sleeve/jewelcase only versions and the Gold set. So maybe you guys could help me out and tell me if I'd be missing anything by going Gold. :)

Thanks,

- Ebiki.

Post Re: Does the Gold Shogun come with a printed manual, etc?

Hi Ebiki,
    Unfortunately, in the Shogun: Total War Gold Edition package (Published by "Sold Out Software") that I received contained no products other than the disk. The installation, does however, install three .pdf files within the directory. One of these is a historical guide to the S:TW period in English, the same file in Italian, while the final file is a quick installation guidance file for the game in English. Sadly, there appear to be no maps or a manual, although the historical guide does seem to have a small amount of manual type data in it. Hope this helps you, cheers!
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 06-02-2007 at 09:25.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: Does the Gold Shogun come with a printed manual, etc?

"contained no products other than the disk"

Cripes, that's what I was worried about.

Does anyone know of a re-release that has the printed manuals?

Can anyone tell me what printed material came with the original game? A "Historical Guide" only, or was there a guide and a manual? What about maps?

Sorry to be such a bother, it's just I've been waiting to play this game for so long, I'd like to experience the game as originally intended. By gloating over my printed manual! ;)

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Welcome to the Org, Ebiki!

The original Shogun box had a manual along with a separate installation guide, but that's pretty much it. It didn't include a real tech tree, although STW: Warlord Edition does. It didn't come with a map, unfortunately -- Rome and the collector's edition of Medieval 2 are the only TW games that do.

In all honesty, though, you're really not missing much by not having Shogun's manual. It frankly isn't that great, as the information it includes is sparse and often times inaccurate. You're better off just playing the game's tutorial, which does a decent job of showing you the basics of combat. And of course, you've got us to answer any questions you might have -- we're always happy to help.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Here is a good Strategy Guide for STW: Shogun Total War Game Guide

Here is another good one, but it has some inaccuracies: Shogun Total War Unoffical Guide

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello Ebiki,

If you want to know something about the units
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31444
    Ja mata

TosaInu

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Martok
    In all honesty, though, you're really not missing much by not having Shogun's manual. It frankly isn't that great, as the information it includes is sparse and often times inaccurate. You're better off just playing the game's tutorial, which does a decent job of showing you the basics of combat. And of course, you've got us to answer any questions you might have -- we're always happy to help.
    I've never much read the STW manual either. I believe I went straight into the tutorial and went on from there.

Teppo Taisho Member Maeda Toshiie's Avatar

The manual is essentially useless. The tutorial taught more than what the manual provided.
    Keeping the ashigarus in line since 1575