Thread: The 1/2 HOUR NEWS HOUR

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Default The 1/2 HOUR NEWS HOUR

Notice this is a FOX NEWS alert

This seems to be FOXs version of the daily show. I found it surfing through the channels sunday night. Check out the Rush video at the start. They had askit with a guy who was saying how Carter was the best X president in US history as look at all the great stuff that happened when he became x president and that if had not become x president none of these things would have happened. Has anyone else seen this? I only saw those two skits.

LINK
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default Re: The 1/2 HOUR NEWS HOUR

Yeah. One of the many reasons why most people consider FOX News to be a tabloid.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Yeah. One of the many reasons why most people consider FOX News to be a tabloid.
    This isnt a news show and makes no pretense about it. Most of the other shows you seem to find fault with are pundint shows and not news shows but a persons perspective on the news. We all know where these guys stand. Hannity for instance is an unabashed conservative.

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

You say conservative I'd say unabashed . LOL I hate that guy. Especially when he presumes to speak "for the troops". .

Anyways, no respectful news organization would put trash on their channel like that. Might as well be MAD TV. Fox Noise tries to portray itself as some kind of legitimate News agency when in reality its a conservative entertainment-tabloid channel.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 06-05-2007 at 19:29.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Anyways, no respectful news organization would put trash on their channel like that
    Ever check out the Daily show or who is that redheaded Irish ? Bill Maher? Or how about Kieth Overbite

. Might as well be MAD TV. F
    Thats what its supposed to be like.

when in reality its a conservative entertainment-tabloid channel.
    Give me a break. Their actual news reports are as good if not better than most. Again you talking about two different things here.

Blog Entries

I prefer to not watch the news, not even the BBC anymore. And if I want satire I can always watch The Daily Show or the Colbert Report.

Lets face it, to become truly legitimate all fox needs to do is give Al Franken his own 30 minute show.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Now, I don't think it's fair to compare The Daily Show to Keith Oberman or Bill Maher; to begin with, those two are dreadful comedians and it's physically painful to watch their shows. Also, The Daily Show lampoons the left just as much as the right; back when Clinton was around, they were just as merciless to him as they are to Bush now. It's all a matter of who you can make a joke out of.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I started a thread on this months ago. All I watched was th preview clips they had up, but man, it was bad. Comedy is hard, and just taking jabs at a side doesn't add up to a good show. I guess it will play to the Fox base, but I seriously doubt it will ever gain an audience even remotely in the league of Daily Show.

Comedy, on at least one level, is supposed to jerk your head around and make you look at something from an unexpected perspective. Preaching to the faithful, by definition, is bad comedy.