Thread: Rampant Heresy

Default Rampant Heresy

Ok! My Scottish game is the first campaign I have played since installing 1.2 and it also happens to be the first game where I have actually sufferred from virtually uncontrollable heresy.

The inquisition have been, failed miserably to denounce a single heretic, and buggered off back to Rome and I am now seeing more and more of my own priests being converted to the Heretic's views.

Heresy has reached 42% in Inverness and other area's are following suit pretty fast.

So, what do I do?

I have just tried recruiting another priest in London where I have an Abbey Church but he came out of church with an amazing 1 piety and stands no chance of surviving against 3 star Heretic's.

Quite a novel situation for me I've never had any problems like this before.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Typing from the Saddle Senior Member Doug-Thompson's Avatar

Default Re: Rampant Heresy

Assassins.

Also, I've had numerous occasions with other factions when a heretic has had a 75 percent chance or better of being burned, but survived multiple denouncements. At first I thought it was a fluke, a really lucky heretic or two. Now it's happened too often.
    "In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns."

If you have same skill or only few more and you´re not RP:ing savegame, denounce, fail load etc...
    As you well know Cardinals can´t turn to heretics, but for Scotland it´s problem because their cardinal dies quick... Keep Cardinals and them only in that high heresy lands.
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

I'd recommend reading the Guide to priests, if you have'nt already.

EDIT: well that was some rather numb advice...

Anyway you'll have to recruit at least 6 clergy, send them out at the same time.
    I'd say the best bet is to train as many as you can before sending them out, the God squad.
    Last edited by Shahed; 05-30-2007 at 22:36.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    I'd say the best bet is to train as many as you can before sending them out, the God squad.
    It's very difficult to train God Squads with Scotland.

The closest non-Catholic factions are the Moors and Russia. Even then they're only reachable via a long, non-productive sea voyage.

Nonetheless it seems it's the only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    I'd recommend reading the Guide to priests, if you have'nt already.
    No, I had a look on the MTW2 Guides board but didn't see anything about priests. Can you post a link?
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Didz
    No, I had a look on the MTW2 Guides board but didn't see anything about priests. Can you post a link?
    Sure: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77089

Fire away if you need any help.
    Last edited by Shahed; 05-30-2007 at 23:08.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Be careful of them sneaky heretics too. I had one in Inverness once that was way up top by himself in a place only reachable by boat......the bugger turned nearly 30% of my people into heretics before i realized he was up there

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me

Beware! Relentless Looter! Member Flavius Merobaudes's Avatar

If nothing else helps, you can surround those heretics and step on them. A bit of an exploit but most efficient.

Thanks! perhaps some of these guides should be top&tailed and moved to the MTW2 Guides thread before they get lost.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

The Inverness area does seem to be a hotbed of heresy for some reason; I'm guessing it's hardcoded into the game. I'm further guessing that this reflects the Lollards, much as the heretical element in Toulouse reflects the Albigensians.

Check out this guy:

http://www.gashe.ac.uk:443/isaar/P0243.html

who was the "Papal Inquisitor of Heretical Pravity in Scotland" What a great job title.