Thread: Gahzette, June 2007

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Gahzette, June 2007

Released

Editorial gives a quick overview of the issue and raises an important point: we need more reporters.

Current priorities are:
    - gameroom
    - backroom
    - tech
    - modding
    - tw mp

Anyone interested should pm me.

Somehow I feel compelled to begin this column again with a comment revealing to all how busy this month has been for us; but that’s not really the case at all. We have, though, stuck to the tradition of rushing things at the last moment, and it seems to have kept working thus far.

What we are this month, however, is a bit short on articles, especially compared with the bumper issue we had in May, and that’s really due to a combination of factors.

The most important one, though, is one that I’ve been touching on since our very first issue - we need more reporters. This has been compounded this month by the resignations of two of our most successful columnists, pevergreen and BlackAxe, for personal reasons.

So if you, or anyone you know, are available to fill the post of Gameroom, Backroom, Tech, Modding or indeed any other form of reporter, drop me a PM and I’ll be happy to welcome you to the team.

On to what’s in this issue, and while it is a shorter one, it’s no less devoid of innovation than the last. We’ve got the usual humorous article from TinCow in the form of his ‘Gaming Addiction’ series, as well as a bumper report, again from him, on the history of PBMs. Tamur, our art director and the man responsible for the Gahzette looking better and better each month, comes out of his exile to present an article on one area of the forums that he’s always been involved in, the Ludus Magna, and Omanes inaugurates a new ‘Puzzles’ section of the Gahzette.

Add in the usual reports on various forum areas and TW games and I think you’ll agree that this issue is as good as any we’ve yet produced.

Enjoy.

Download the Gahzette, June 2007

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

~sapi
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Default Re: Gahzette, June 2007

Great!Awesome! Undescriable! Hanging on for more!

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Say, do you think the backroom is that much of a good idea to cover? I mean, it is an opt-in forum for a reason.
    Other than that, well done team! Once again!
    Oh, and did you ask Tosa for another announcement?
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Backroom = Evil place, where sinners gather from all...

I think Backroom should remain classified, it's very hot down there
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Well I guess we don't need another announcement, if people like the Gahzette I think they would've seen and heard of it by now (Two editions already)

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Gahzette, June 2007

Advice

Why don't you make .pdf as downloadable? I really don't like (a bit annoying) .pdf(s) which are opening in browser.

Anyway, good articles.
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

I'm very sure that it;'s a good issue but my crap computer can't veiw cit.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeofSerbia
    Advice

Why don't you make .pdf as downloadable? I really don't like (a bit annoying) .pdf(s) which are opening in browser.

Anyway, good articles.
    Right click > save target as

Your browser controls whether it is viewable or not, not me

If you're using firefox, I suggest you grab the extention 'pdf downloader' to solve those problems
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer