Thread: Casse No Boats!!

Default Casse No Boats!!

yeah..........my faction leader is berae maxed in management and influence but i can't build BOATS to get off the island i can build dockyards but no boats, also there is no information under the building icons for ship yards or anything related to me building boats to get off the island, only "you should not see this, please report error". other than im stuck on the island THIS IS AN AWSOME MOD i will never play regular rome again but for the love of the casse help me get off the island

Default Re: Casse No Boats!!

Only in specific provinces can you build a naval port, which is required for building ships. The trading port is not enough, but I think it is needed to be able to build the naval one.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Casse No Boats!!

Military boat building is possible only in a limited number of provinces. This map indicates were, although bear in mind it may not be up to date. The nearest potential military ports for the Casse are Ictis and Ivernis.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I suggest the ability to build boats should be extended the the Casse starting city, this may encourage the ai to build boats and get involved in the continent, rather than being sitting ducks all campaign, having their boats destroyed by pirates. Maybe even a landbridge should be added, because the Casse do nothing.

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

A solution would have to be found the pirates are the ones stopping their expansion I believe, in BI the AI is capable of good moves using naval invasions, also the fact that they start allied with the Gallic tribes makes them passive.
    A landbridge would be too ahistorical, maybe JMRC experiment with the win conditions regarding the descr_win_conditions.txt file can make them move over the channel.
    Or maybe the Belgae provinces should rebel to them so if in some games they rebel to the Casse it will be like they crossed (in a way).
    Or to make it a sure thing they could start with Camulosadae and one of the Belgae provinces might be a stretch historically but that way they will do something (hopefully) on both sides of the channel.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 06-01-2007 at 21:10.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

That actually kinda makes sense. Wasn't Caesar's excuse for his Britannian foray that the Britons had been helping the continental Belgae revolt or something along those lines ?
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster