Thread: EB & Darth formations mod

Default EB & Darth formations mod

I know there have been threads like this before, but the only real result that i got from searching said that Darth formations 8.5 is compatible with EB... However, i can't seem to find this anywhere.

So, is the mod compatible with EB, and if so, which version?

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: EB & Darth formations mod

Might be esier just to use tbs, look over in the unoficla mods section for it.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Default Re: EB & Darth formations mod

What exactly does it do?
    From reading the thread, it seems it adds 2 hitpoints to every unit and makes everything recruitable in 0 turns. I don't really like this.

The new units look very nice though.

No, thats reign of Ares, which incorperates TBS, you can donload TBS sepperate, or at least you could last time I checked.

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Oh... seems like you can.
    What does TBS add or change, then, besides the formations?

Nothing I don't think. I don't realy know though, as I don't use it myself. Sorry.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Thanks for the help. :)
    I'll just try it out and make backups of the original files.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB & Darth formations mod

TBS does change many unit stats. If you want to have a simple adaptation of Darth formations of EB, go to this thread.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Or just extract the formations_ai.txt from the RoA zip manually.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB & Darth formations mod

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    Or just extract the formations_ai.txt from the RoA zip manually.
    Aren't those formations compatible with BI only?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Dunno - doesn't the game just ignore the unit formations (eg. shieldwall, schiltrom) it can't use ? Sort of like how cavalry that don't have the wedge option do ?
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

TBS isn't working for me. Apparently it doesn't find textures for some greek cavalry unit, which is odd.

If i use the Barbarian Invasion exe, the game works but there are no new formations.

I'll try your suggestions, Ludens and Watchman. :)

If you want Darth formation to EB this is simple. Download latest Darth and change faction . Or download this http://files.filefront.com/Darth_EBr.../fileinfo.html this is Darth 16.0 to Eb

Thanks for the help guys.

I got it to work.. partially. (Using the file Thorlof posted here)

The formations still have their original names (sorted double line, single line, etc.)
    Also, in what seems to be the manipular formation, it's Principes first, Hastati second, which just feels odd. I've only tried it with the Camillan era units so far.

I suspect it maybe put spearmen in the front line.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Also, in what seems to be the manipular formation, it's Principes first, Hastati second, which just feels odd.
    In EB Camillian principes is light units, change to heavy.

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

As a matter of information, we've had a long-standing CTD/freeze when certain mixes or numbers of a certain unit are in battle. The loading bar either hangs or it goes through to the battle, the camera overshoots the general when it zooms in and then everything turns into sky terrain and goes slow or freezes - though ocassionally it works too ;) Even when it did load the number of men per unit would differ for some weird reason.

We - thanks to Xerex - have eventually pinpointed this one-known CTD of Fourth Age. We removed the Darth's descr_formations_ai.txt and replaced it with vanilla. The unit in question was a chariot.

It perhaps should be said that Darth cannot know what weird things we have done to our chariots, but nevertheless the formations cause the CTD/freeze in some way we have not yet fathomed and if we cannot locate it we may go to vanilla and maybe tweak it ourself.

Vanilla does not have chariot entries (the unit causing the problem) and we have another chariot unit that does not cause the problem...

Anyone else had this?

Just FYI.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

I had no idea how to change the principes to heavy, but i went poking around the files and managed to do it. Everything works fine now, except that the formations still don't have their proper names. That's no biggie, though.
    Thanks.