Thread: Taxes - Another question

If I have a +25% harvest, does the same harvest apply to all players in the game? I presume that the rules for the computer are entirely thrown out the window anyway, but do any of you know whether my +25% is the same for all computer opponents?

Duff
    Duff -
    Look for me online as HIRO SAITO

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

The harvest rates differ per clan.
    Here's how:
    Harvest/koku income is based on a few things besides chance, here's two of them: one of them is upgraded farmland. Another is the type of farm land. Every season, there computer "rolls some dice" and then factors in, positive or negative, some numbers depending on the above two examples. Better developed land lends bonuses to getting a good result, as well as additional bonuses once the result is established (bumper,good,terrible harvest). Got that?

Now, each clan has different levels of production, whether based on land quality or development. The computer "rolls the same dice" for the whole map, but each clan's factors give a different result. So although the base-result may be a Japan-wide "terrible harvest", those with good lands may be upgraded to "poor harvest" but generally every clan is close.

Great details. Thanks a bunch, Solypsist.

Duff
    Duff -
    Look for me online as HIRO SAITO