Thread: Call Jihad 10 times in 1 turn.

Default Call Jihad 10 times in 1 turn.

I was just messing around with Egypt when I launched a Jihad on Jerusalem. I had a spy in there so when my Jihad Army seiged I took it in one turn. I don't usually check on my Imam after a Jihad but I did this time and I noticed the Jihad icon was still lighted.

After some experimentation I found that I could launch multiple Jihads on various cities and castles in a single turn or over many turns so long as the Jihad ended in the same turn it was called.

This blows my mind because it is an instant way to make high Chivalry generals to boost income and city population. I looked around and saw no threads on this topic. Am I the first to discover it? (surely not)

Anyone know anything about this? Does it work for Crusades?

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Default Re: Call Jihad 10 times in 1 turn.

Hi Slicendice, good catch but I don't get it. Got my dunce cap on.
    Could you explain this one a bit further please ? You mean launch Jihad and complete it in the same turn ?

One more thing, you can click join abandon Jihad repeatedly, do it a few times and the general racks up chivalry.
    Click join, click abandon, repeat => more chivalry. Defintely can be classified as bug.

As an exploit it is MEANINGLESS because it is easier to gain chivalry & traits through typing cheats. Should go in the buglist.
    Last edited by Shahed; 06-03-2007 at 18:36.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

I mean that if your Imam calls a Jihad, then a general joins the jihad, reaches the target, and captures it in 1 turn and ends the Jihad then the Imam can call another Jihad that same turn! The Imam can call repeated Jihads in a single turn or over multiple turns so long as the Jihad is completed that same turn. If the Jihad lasts more than 1 turn and is then completed then you will have to wait 10 turns for the next one to be available.

I've never heard of joining and quitting a Crusade for chivalry exploit. However, I imagine if you do that you will be taking a huge penalty on Guilds like St. Johns, and Templars, etc.

Plus you have the chance to pick up Ancillaries like Holy Relics and such when completing a Jihad/Crusade and your method doesn't offer that.
    Last edited by Slicendice; 06-03-2007 at 18:54.

Understood, thanks for the explanation!.

It's not my method. I read it somewhere on one of these forums. You won't take any penalty because it cancels itself out when you rejoin. And obviously the purpose is not to pick up relics, but just spam the join/abandon button to gain chivalry (which is easier gained through cheats anyway).

I just wanted to point that bug out as I remembered it. I'm not promoting it, it's just a statement.
    Last edited by Shahed; 06-03-2007 at 18:59.

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

Don't think it would work with crusades since the Pope would have to give his OK for all of them, and it's hard enough to push him into granting your one crusade as it is.
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Worth a try to confirm it. No time to do it on my end at the moment though, so if someone with vanilla 1.02 could follow Slicendice's instructions and report, that'd be great.

Sinan: Any good vnv fix kills those exploits and penalizes you for constant join/abandon (which gives you a chance for an ancillary each time if some conditions are met)
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I just tested it with England. I sent Cecilia to Rome with move_character and built relations to perfect. Then called Crusade on Antioch and used move_character to get William there with a Ballista and took it in one turn.

I was immediately able to call another Crusade.

Still had a problem getting Pope to accept some of the Crusade destinations, but I imagine that if the Pope was particularly angry with a Christian faction then he would allow a lot of Crusades.

It doesn't seem to work on my vanilla 1.2

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me

I was just playing Egypt again and after taking Jerusalem and Acre over two turns I noticed on the 4th turn that the Jihad wasn't available.

I think more testing is in order to understand what is going on.

Whiskey did you call, start, and complete the Jihad in the same turn?

Upon further investigation I'm going to have to amend my claim.

It seems you can call as many Jihads in 1 turn so long as it is the first turn. And as long as you complete those Jihads in the first turn you will have one available in the second turn as well. However, if you start another Jihad in the second turn and even if you complete it in the second turn no Jihad will be available after that one.

So if you are playing a faction that can make use of a quick Jihad or Crusade and finish them quickly in the first turn then you can make use of this. Otherwise you are out of luck.

I will continue to experiment with this to see what happens later on.

The join/abandon exploit was apparently fixed in 1.2 and now no longer works.
    Such is life- Ned Kelly -his last words just before he was hanged.

Cool. Never tried it myself I would'nt have known lol.