Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

The 50 player servers are always full of n00bs... Meh, I like to play on the less played servers, like Sniper RO Front, or RTR.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

nvm
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 06-15-2007 at 09:13.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Man, I love this game! Haven't had so much fun in a MP game since pre 2.0 America's Army!!

My favorite weapon is definately the bolt action rifles, though they're not that good when you go indoors...
    Had a great moment on one of the bigger maps (can't remember the name, but it's in snow with a bridge and last cap for the Russians is in a village) yesterday. Made a long shot at a small pixel sticking out over a hill, aiming a bit above to compensate for bullet drop. Shot and nothing happened so at first I thought I missed but then shortly after the kill message popped up... guess the bullet took some time travelling over there LOL!
    Awesome!

"You have the insanity... of a manatee."

I got the game too now! It's great, but I haven't gotten around to playing too much yet. So far, 3 online matches with 2 objective captures and 3 kills, and 3 offline practise mode matches. Could anyone point me in the direction of any particularly good servers in Europe? To begin with, I would prefer one with mostly newbies.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by FesterShinetop
    Had a great moment on one of the bigger maps (can't remember the name, but it's in snow with a bridge and last cap for the Russians is in a village) yesterday. Made a long shot at a small pixel sticking out over a hill, aiming a bit above to compensate for bullet drop. Shot and nothing happened so at first I thought I missed but then shortly after the kill message popped up... guess the bullet took some time travelling over there LOL!
    Awesome!
    If you are Allied in that map, it's hell.

Do you guys have xfire?

I'm Ghost908 on xfire.

RO is a fantastic game. I like all maps, but I'm a tank guy mostly. I've been researching how to angle the tank to deflect most of the enemies AP rounds. I've also gotten good at finding the weak spots on most tanks.

Overall, a fantastic game.

Default Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the gam

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    Could anyone point me in the direction of any particularly good servers in Europe? To begin with, I would prefer one with mostly newbies.
    The Wild bunch is a good server.
    Also Merciless and my favorite is the 24/7 danzig server.
    There aren't really any noob servers that I found. Look on the bright side. You will learn from the pros

Default Re: Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the gam

Thanks, I'll check them out!

I think I'm getting the hang of the game now. Although my aim and reaction speed (have to remember crouch+iron sight+aim/counter drift+make sure my bolt action rifle was prepared after the last shot) still need some more working on, I notice that many that were superior to me in shooting failed to take full advantage of the terrain, and as a result I managed to reach the top half of the scoreboard yesterday, and on one server, I even got the top ranking on my team in one map (Berezhina) as a Russian tank commander, but I think most of the good players must have left by then . Anyhow, this is one of the many reasons I like this game: aiming and reaction speed are not everything, and a slow thinking person like myself actually stands a chance, at least in the larger maps
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 06-27-2007 at 19:23.
    Under construction...

Default Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the gam

Using the terrain and the items on the map to your advantage is a key to winning. That's what I like about the game.
    Everything can be used to hide behind or use it as a support for your weapon.
    Unlike most games where you have fixed machine gun positions, you can set one up anywhere you please.
    Adds a nice level of tactics to the game.

Oh guys, by the way, I have a guest pass if anyone wants to try the game free for 3 weeks. All you need is steam. Let me know your email address if you want to give RO a try and I'll send you a pass.

Default Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

Can point out that I got 2 guest passes so they are up for grabs for those that wish it.

Default Re: Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

Does anyone have any tips on using the A-T Gun??? It seems useless!!!

Default Re: Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the

Quote Originally Posted by God's Grace
    Does anyone have any tips on using the A-T Gun??? It seems useless!!!
    It's far from useless. I was destroying tanks from 500+ meters just a few a minutes ago.

You have to find the weak spots on the tanks. It is extremely effective against older models that have weak armor. If you are firing at say, a Panzer III or IV, get yourself perpendicular to the tank and fire away. If you can, try to hit the sides and back as the weakest armor is there.

Now, the newer tanks are a bit harder. The Tiger I and the Panther's armor is extremely thick at the front so the AT rifle won't do anything. You have to hit them in the sides and rear perpendicularly.

The AT rifle takes a lot of practice to master, but once you do, it's a great weapon.

This website might help also. It gives the stats on tanks and shows where their weak points are:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/inde...13_sectionid=2

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Default Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the gam

One guest pass left.
    So get it while it's hot

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Murat
    Those are great!!

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

I was awed by the X-ray animation...
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Murat
    I was awed by the X-ray animation...

Yeah, that was pretty high tech!

Hey all fellow RO players! Anyone snipe? At Danzig I got 12 kills in 1 round.

At one point this Axis sniper was a freak! Sniping everyone. Whats worst, is that we couldn't find him. When we finally found his position, he started counter-sniping our sniper.

This axis sniper choose the most unlikely sniping locations, far away, no high ground, and only revealed his head to snipe.

Anyone a good sniper? (BTW share your RO experiences here!)

I don't snipe... just don't have the patience for it I guess. I mostly just run around with a bolt action rifle. Though a few days ago I tried out tanking with a friend while we both were on TS... man that was fun as well and pretty intense! Had a blast, though we were blasted to pieces most of the time

Through out all all my RO experience, I only tried tanking once. It seems to intimidating. (Tried it kinda liked it!)

The problem though is that somone always take sniper before I do!

Quote Originally Posted by God's Grace
    The problem though is that somone always take sniper before I do!
    Yeah and usually just run around pretending to be a regular soldier instead of doing what a sniper is suppose to do which is to kill people from a distance.
    I'm usually quite good with a sniper rifle.
    Always use the bolt action rifles, I can't hit anything with the semis.
    One things I have noticed is that the enemy has a huge problem trying to sneak up on me while in sniping position.
    I usually predict them coming or in some rare cases, see them come.

Default Re: Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the gam

Yea, it's annoying to see unskilled sniper, I look at their scores and think, "I could have done wayyy better!"

You can predict them comin'? How? You can hear them or what? Sixth sense?

Default Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the gam

Nah, it's just me spending way too much time on this game that I can predict what people do.
    After 2-3 kills they know that there is a sniper in the area and they know where he is.
    And since everyone loves to kill the sniper they will naturally come for you.
    So after 2-3 kills I just switch to the sidearm, look behind my back and 98% of the time sure enough, there is an enemy trying to bayonet me.
    Of course sometimes they never come for you.
    Once as a russian sniper on Danzig, we captured the bridges fast(never died), I ran to the building covering Langemarcht and there I remained for the duration of the map. I only left the spot from time to time to get more ammo.
    The germans never once tried to do a proper attack on me. An MG tried sometimes to kill me from the diner but I just sniped him back.
    I must have gotten like 40-50 kills that time.
    Last edited by TB666; 07-06-2007 at 07:02.

Was playing Axis on Danzig a few days ago and the Allied had a killer sniper, this guy was really good... I tried to get a few shots at him with my bolt action, but didn't succeed... after a while indeed everyine in our team started asking where our sniper was... he was probably running around like a regular soldier like you said TB666. Something like that can be quite annoying and really hamper your team.

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Am I right in deducing certain 'kits' are capped - say, one sniper a team ?

No sniper spam sounds mightily inviting

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_guy
    Am I right in deducing certain 'kits' are capped - say, one sniper a team ?

No sniper spam sounds mightily inviting

Yes, all classes except rifleman is capped, 1 sniper/team, 1-2 MGs/team, 1 squad leader etc.

Is there any sort of single player free mode with bots ala Unreal Tournament?
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehesu
    Is there any sort of single player free mode with bots ala Unreal Tournament?
    Yes, it's called practise mode. I haven't tried it enough to say whether the bots are good or not, though.
    Under construction...

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

If your looking for good servers, look out for TDP 'The Damned Priests' who are German/EU server. Nice players and generally cooperative with vehicles. Also the SPLAT clan, which is the server I frequent the most on. The players are mainly EU/UK and are really excellent for getting on VT and chatting with. Really fun, excellent players, and so much teamwork its like being in a clan..when your not

I usually pick my guns based on the maps and whether its defence or offense.

Big maps defense = Rifles, MGs, Snipers
    Small maps defense = SMGs, Semi Autos

Big maps offense = Semi Autos, SMGs, MG support (and lots of smoke!)
    Small maps offense = SMGs

Just some general tips if your new.

• Make sure you get inside the capzone at all times, in defence or attack. Once your in the cap, THEN you can camp as much as you like.
    • If your tanking, always angle your tank at 1'o clock so enemy shells bounce of the armor plating
    • NEVER, drive off in a transport vehicle on your own. Wait until it gets a few people in it...its damn annoying when players drive off!
    • Make sure you check your map for artillery. Especially if you hear the shells pumping out in the distance.
    • Picking up enemy weapons in hostile territory works a charm. The enemy won't get wise quickly that your popping shots off in their rear.
    • If you pick a specialized role (Squad Leader, Engineer), please make sure you stick to teamplay and help with smoke, and destroying obstacles as your first priority!
    • If you hear a teammate calling for ammo (usually an MG'er) run upto them and press 'G' to re-supply them.

I'm known as the 3_Headed_Monkey if you see me around!

http://www.roscores.com/portal/deskt...s/default.aspx

Ask away if you want any advice or tips, I may be persuaded to give a guest pass away if you ask nicely!
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast