Thread: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

from http://storefront.steampowered.com/v...kin=4&client=1
    Red Orchestra Summer Assault Starts Now
    May 31, 2007, 10:35 am - Eric Twelker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New maps, increased player limits, 10 free days of play for friends, plus 20% off list price

Tripwire Interactive today released a major update for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, the award-winning WWII online action game. For current owners, the updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. Those who purchase the game before June 11 will save an additional 20% off the $19.95 list price.

The update includes:

Ten new maps, all winning entries in Tripwire's Custom Map Competition. Highlights include:

“Smolensk Stalemate”: the contest winning map features perfectly balanced to-and-fro infantry combat through ruined villages and trenches in August 1943.

“Leningrad”: features close-quarters infantry fighting in the ruined streets of the city, above them in the bombed-out buildings and deep beneath them in the sewers, all with close-in armor support.

“Berezina”: the After-Hourz team surpass themselves on this rural/village map, introducing not just a new vehicle (the Russian BT-7 light tank), but also the first functional anti-tank gun in the game. To cap it off, the BT-7 even carries tank-riders.

“Black Day July”: one of the very best for tank combat fans, set in the rolling countryside around Prokhorovka as German and Russian armor clash en masse during the Battle of Kursk.

Increased multiplayer count. A new level of intensity with 50+ player multiplayer battles (up from the previous limit of 32).

New community made content, including the Russian BT-7 light tank with infantry tank riders and the first player controllable anti-tank gun in the game.

New soundtrack: The “Orchestra” comes to the Ostfront - the game now features a complete in-game soundtrack from composer Matthew Burns.

Gameplay enhancements. The addition of several features requested by the clan/ladder/league community to enhance competitive play.

To give gamers a chance to try the updated version of one of the best sellers on Steam, Tripwire is offering both retail and Steam customers two free Steam Guest Passes. All owners of Red Orchestra can invite friends to try the game with no obligation to purchase. Upon receiving and activating the Steam Guest Pass, the invited friend has ten days of Red Orchestra play available for free.
    I'm still downloadin, I'll probably be done by tommorow, but I hope all of you all get off BF and get on RO!!

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Default Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

Thats alot of new content. I liked RO but it seems to me Id have to join a clan to get the real team/coop experience, and I'm not one for clans. I've been playing ARMA alot lately which imo, is easier to find a real coop/team play server.

But I still have my copy of RO, maybe I'll go back to it one day =)

Default Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

It was an amazing game before this new update... its only gotten better though.

Try this game!

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

If anyone has Steam and wants to try it, I can give them a pass. It'll let you play for free for a week or 10 days or something.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Red Orchestra is the main blame for my recent bad grades at school.
    I simply love this superb FPS.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good
    If anyone has Steam and wants to try it, I can give them a pass. It'll let you play for free for a week or 10 days or something.
    Hey, I'd like that. I guess you'll need my e-mail adress? Or how does it work?

"You have the insanity... of a manatee."

Default Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the game!

RO is a fantastic game.
    I played it during one of their free weekends and was just sold.
    The graphics may not be the best but in gameplay it has it all.

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

nvm
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 06-15-2007 at 09:13.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Man, I love this game! Haven't had so much fun in a MP game since pre 2.0 America's Army!!

My favorite weapon is definately the bolt action rifles, though they're not that good when you go indoors...
    Had a great moment on one of the bigger maps (can't remember the name, but it's in snow with a bridge and last cap for the Russians is in a village) yesterday. Made a long shot at a small pixel sticking out over a hill, aiming a bit above to compensate for bullet drop. Shot and nothing happened so at first I thought I missed but then shortly after the kill message popped up... guess the bullet took some time travelling over there LOL!
    Awesome!

"You have the insanity... of a manatee."

I got the game too now! It's great, but I haven't gotten around to playing too much yet. So far, 3 online matches with 2 objective captures and 3 kills, and 3 offline practise mode matches. Could anyone point me in the direction of any particularly good servers in Europe? To begin with, I would prefer one with mostly newbies.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Default Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the gam

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    Could anyone point me in the direction of any particularly good servers in Europe? To begin with, I would prefer one with mostly newbies.
    The Wild bunch is a good server.
    Also Merciless and my favorite is the 24/7 danzig server.
    There aren't really any noob servers that I found. Look on the bright side. You will learn from the pros

Default Re: Sv: Re: Red Orchestra Update, A great incentive to start playing again or get the gam

Thanks, I'll check them out!

I think I'm getting the hang of the game now. Although my aim and reaction speed (have to remember crouch+iron sight+aim/counter drift+make sure my bolt action rifle was prepared after the last shot) still need some more working on, I notice that many that were superior to me in shooting failed to take full advantage of the terrain, and as a result I managed to reach the top half of the scoreboard yesterday, and on one server, I even got the top ranking on my team in one map (Berezhina) as a Russian tank commander, but I think most of the good players must have left by then . Anyhow, this is one of the many reasons I like this game: aiming and reaction speed are not everything, and a slow thinking person like myself actually stands a chance, at least in the larger maps
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 06-27-2007 at 19:23.
    Under construction...

Quote Originally Posted by FesterShinetop
    Had a great moment on one of the bigger maps (can't remember the name, but it's in snow with a bridge and last cap for the Russians is in a village) yesterday. Made a long shot at a small pixel sticking out over a hill, aiming a bit above to compensate for bullet drop. Shot and nothing happened so at first I thought I missed but then shortly after the kill message popped up... guess the bullet took some time travelling over there LOL!
    Awesome!
    If you are Allied in that map, it's hell.

Do you guys have xfire?

I'm Ghost908 on xfire.

RO is a fantastic game. I like all maps, but I'm a tank guy mostly. I've been researching how to angle the tank to deflect most of the enemies AP rounds. I've also gotten good at finding the weak spots on most tanks.

Overall, a fantastic game.