Thread: a noob's question

Default a noob's question

I've been playing RTW, as well as medievalTW and RTW barbarian invasion for some time now. When I saw this new thing, I was delighted. So I started a campaign with the romani. The question is, when/how does the polybian reform start ??!!! As is clearly visible in the picture (hope it uploads ok and stuff), I have lots of money, the year is 238 BC, i have the barracks in Arretium upgraded, have taken all the cities wich have to be taken to start the dam reform (and even a few others), and still no reform takes place.

"at least year 242, either hold 2 of these cities (Segesta, Mediolanum, Patavium, Bononia) AND 2 of these (Lilibeo, Messana, Syracuse) OR wait until 210BC You get the new units after upgrading your Mic's"

Do I have to upgrade EVERY Mic ???
    This turn of events is really damaging to my campaign, since I don't really have an army in the field, except for some mercenaries in north Africa holding of the potelmaic's. Other then that, pretty much nothing. To make matters wors, the lusottanans are incredible powerful and on the brink of invasion, and any invasion of greece is out of the question (since i have no army) (I'm playing the game on very hard campaign diff/hard battle diff)

PLS HELP !!!
    Last edited by Ag3nt_Magnum; 06-04-2007 at 10:23. Reason: HOW do u upldoad a f**kin image ???

Default Re: a noob's question

Quote Originally Posted by Ag3nt_Magnum
    I've been playing RTW, as well as medievalTW and RTW barbarian invasion for some time now. When I saw this new thing, I was delighted. So I started a campaign with the romani. The question is, when/how does the polybian reform start ??!!! As is clearly visible in the picture (hope it uploads ok and stuff), I have lots of money, the year is 238 BC, i have the barracks in Arretium upgraded, have taken all the cities wich have to be taken to start the dam reform (and even a few others), and still no reform takes place.

"at least year 242, either hold 2 of these cities (Segesta, Mediolanum, Patavium, Bononia) AND 2 of these (Lilibeo, Messana, Syracuse) OR wait until 210BC You get the new units after upgrading your Mic's"

Do I have to upgrade EVERY Mic ???
    This turn of events is really damaging to my campaign, since I don't really have an army in the field, except for some mercenaries in north Africa holding of the potelmaic's. Other then that, pretty much nothing. To make matters wors, the lusottanans are incredible powerful and on the brink of invasion, and any invasion of greece is out of the question (since i have no army) (I'm playing the game on very hard campaign diff/hard battle diff)

PLS HELP !!!
    Did you activate the background script?

Yes, you must upgrade every MIC to take advantage of the reforms. The Camillan MIC will upgrade to the Polybian next level, IE if you have Camillan level 2 the Polybian will be level 3. If you have overflowing coffers, you should immediately start upgrading them, and possibly even bribe some Lusotannan armies if you have a hard time holding them with troops. Anyway, you need to create an army, recruit Camillan troops while waiting to get the MIC upgraded. Expect invasions from all your neighbours soon, this time is when everyone will be looking for trouble and will find it at your place.

Edit: Oh, and what Goolasso said.
    Last edited by bovi; 06-04-2007 at 10:35.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

looked at the guide on how to play the romani after i wrote the initial post a bit, and there it was: THE SCRIPT !!! I had no ideea, and was a bit angry when the advisor kept popping up. Seems he was trying to tell me something... Thx anyway. Oh, and I will never bow down to the evil potughese. Let them come !!!
    Rome's armies will prevail. (they have some 6 full armies scatterd across southern gaul and northern iberia, and i have 1/2 army in the area) 250.000 mnai should do the trick. (i tried to bribe 1 egyptian native spearmen and he refused. what would happen with those evil lusotanans?)

O, how do u upload an image ???
    Last edited by Ag3nt_Magnum; 06-04-2007 at 10:54.

looked at the guide on how to play the romani after i wrote the initial post a bit, and there it was: THE SCRIPT !!! I had no ideea, and was a bit angry when the advisor kept popping up. Seems he was trying to tell me something... Thx anyway. Oh, and I will never bow down to the evil potughese. Let them come !!!
    You will need to start your campaign again, playing the game for any length of time without the script running effectively breaks your campaign.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    You will need to start your campaign again, playing the game for any length of time without the script running effectively breaks your campaign.

Foot

No thx, I think it's a pretty good campaign. Even so, I only missed 4 years of polybian reform. Or do u mean it causes bugs by "breaks" ?

again, how do u insert an image into your text

No thx, I think it's a pretty good campaign. Even so, I only missed 4 years of polybian reform. Or do u mean it causes bugs by "breaks" ?
    No, I mean it breaks your campaign. A lot. Missing a couple of turns is alright, but missing half a century will mess it up. I really suggest you start a new campaign.

again, how do u insert an image into your text
    Use imageshack.us

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Default it's a good campaign !!!!

I have a fleet of quinquireme's that hasn't lost a battle, an economy wich at this moment is pretty impossible to bankrup,even though I'm spending mnai wherever I can and have cities developing at full speed, the lusotanan's are down to 3 armies and I've taken their two main cities. So, to what extent is my campaign "broken" ? (the year is 237 BC)

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: a noob's question

Noone, of the AI factions will be reciving the money bosts they need, due to dum AI. Frankly I am amazed that the AI has done all that you said it has without the money scripts. On the down side of the scripts, it can cause the sekeucids in paticular to become over powered, so you will want to look at this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83349
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Default Re: it's a good campaign !!!!

I have a fleet of quinquireme's that hasn't lost a battle, an economy wich at this moment is pretty impossible to bankrup,even though I'm spending mnai wherever I can and have cities developing at full speed, the lusotanan's are down to 3 armies and I've taken their two main cities. So, to what extent is my campaign "broken" ? (the year is 237 BC)

You're quite right, your EB campaign isn't broken. It doesn't even exist.

On the other hand, the vanilla RTW campaign you're playing with EB units and map is just fine.

If you don't activate the EB script, you're not playing EB. It's that simple.

Default Re: it's a good campaign !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelis
    You're quite right, your EB campaign isn't broken. It doesn't even exist.

On the other hand, the vanilla RTW campaign you're playing with EB units and map is just fine.

If you don't activate the EB script, you're not playing EB. It's that simple.
    A very interesting but accurate way of putting it Michaelis.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

The EB script makes EB EB. Some of the main things the script does is 1) The reforms: failling to load the script doesn't screw this up too much. 2) Money scripts: The AI will quickly go into debt without the script and will stagnate unless they expand early on. Also, it adds much of the challenge to EB that makes it more difficult/fun. Failing to activate the script will ensure the death of many factions because of tihs. 3) Governments: This is one of the main reasons you should restart. The script places governments for the AI, since they aren't smart enough to select the correct governments. Since recruitment is dependant on governments, recruitment for the AI will be severly damaged. In fact, there will be many AI towns that won't be able to recruit things for a long time. And when they can recruit units, they will be rare and most likely not their factional units. And 4) four turns per year and the seasons: This adds a good amount of depth to EB. The seasons restrict campaigning at times and are great for role playing. Also, strat map travel distance makes more since when a turn = 3 months.

Member Member Centurion Crastinus's Avatar

Fellas,

I am not very good with the computer. Frankly, I am pretty proud of myself that I got the Europa Barbarorum MOD to even work. My question is the same as what was asked before about the polybian reform, marian, etc. In lamens terms, how do I get my reform. What do I have to conquer. Also everyone has talked about upgrading Mics. What the hell is a Mic. Do I have to modify a script, because I wouldnt know one if it bit me in the butt. Please give me some advice and please keep it as simple as possible. Thanks.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Check the FAQ for reform requirements.

MIC stands for Military Industrial Complex. Simply, the barracks buildings.

Which FAQ? The FAQ icon at the top of the page? Is there another icon? My appologies, I don't mean to pesture you all with trivial questions.

Ok, I found everything I was looking for. Please disregard my last post. Thanks for the help.