As the thread title suggests, I'm asking that the signature image size limit be increased. It's really quite difficult to get an image to look reasonable at all if it has to be under 10k, a fact which is much more in the spotlight now with the popularity of the M2TW signature giveaway thread. I understand that the original reason for this policy was likely due to the slow speed of the Internet at the time, as 56k was quite prevalent (I gather this from older forum members who seem to say the limit has never changed). However, the vast majority of forum goers are now broadband users, and more than capable of handling much larger signature images. There should be no bandwidth consideration for the Org, as people are hosting the signature pictures on various other sites, which will themselves bear the burden of increased bandwidth. I also point out that our few remaining 56k users likely have disabled pictures entirely in their preferences due to the prevalence of images much larger than 10k in many Org threads... meaning their forum experience won't be negatively impacted by a change in this area.

The issue of how much more is reasonable is one that I'll leave primarily to the discussion here, as I'm sure there will be no shortage of opinions on the matter to fuel discussion. Now... Discuss!