Thread: Problem dowloading file

Default Problem dowloading file

I have never had this problem before. I downloaded EB several times but as my motherboard went crazy I had to change everything. Now I saved EB on a disk, and when I tried to open it a mess with Cant open file, file corrupted appered. I downloaded EB again and the same mess persists. Any suggestions. Cheers.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Problem dowloading file

What do you mean 'went crazy'? Doesn't sound like an EB problem... Does everything else on your computer work normally?

The motherboard had nothing to do with this problem. I have a new motherboard ,a new windows installation so I lost all save data including Eb. So now I want to install EB again. The problem is that when I download the installer it keeps telling me that it is corrupted. And I have already downloaded it twice.Cheers

Perhaps you should try using the torrent instead? Or alternately, if that's what you have done, try to download directly. There's no chance that the file we have suddenly got corrupted, it has to be on your end or in the medium, so let's try another medium.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I downloaded it first direct from the EB server, and than from Filefront. I will try Torrent. Thx. Cheers.

You've tried two ways, then it doesn't sound like the way to download makes a difference. I don't know what could cause it to think it's corrupt then, sorry.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I had this problem once. Just out of interest, are you using an operating system other than XP?

"Break in the Sun, till the Sun breaks down"

^^ My first thought as well. If you use Vista: try if there's something like "Compatibility" and then try to make it run in a different compatibility mode -> like you would when trying to run Windows 95 programs on XP, by selecting the right Windows version in the window. Hope this helps.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.