Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Ron Paul!!!!! To The House In 08

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Go Ron Paul!!!!! To The House In 08

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul. He needs to be president. He has the most amzing wiki biography I've ever read. Instead the fear mongering flag stuffing Guliani or the socailly and ecnomicly repressive Hillary I can vote for this guy! GO RON PAUL GO TEXAS
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Go Ron Paul!!!!! To The House In 08

No chance he gets nominated, but I'd vote for him if he did. Maybe the Libertarians will put him on their ticket again.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drone
    No chance he gets nominated, but I'd vote for him if he did. Maybe the Libertarians will put him on their ticket again.
    Hell I would too. Lieberman needs to go, he's got no real chance of ever getting elected and has pissed off far too many people.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Lieberman needs to go

Maybe the Libertarians will put him on their ticket again.

Were you trying to be funny?
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Were you trying to be funny?
    Not sure I understand what you are saying. He was the 1988 Libertarian candidate, got 430K votes.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Right on, Go Ron! Did anyone see him on the Daily Show last night? My bet is he plays the GOP throughout the prelims so he can get in all the debates, then at the 11th hour runs as a third party candidate in the general election.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Not sure I understand what you are saying. He was the 1988 Libertarian candidate, got 430K votes.
    What has he to do with Ron Paul or the current Libertarian party? I though you mistook the names , you know Liber this and Liber that.

Now I understand what your talking about. I thought you meant maybe they would put Lieberman on their ticket.

If Ron Paul were to run as a Libertarian I would Imagine he would draw a decent number of votes. But which party would he hurt worse?

Theres an awful lot of disgusted conservatives out there, and anything is better than Hillary.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 06-05-2007 at 18:23.

I think if Paul played his ads right, he could draw on a large number of Democrat AND Republican votes. Play the great uniter and all that.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Well If he does i know where Ill waste my vote again this year

He'll do better this time then he did as the Libertatian candidate.

Money is his problem

His 650k warchest isnt going to get him much air time.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    He'll do better this time then he did as the Libertatian candidate.

Money is his problem

His 650k warchest isnt going to get him much air time.
    The price you pay to be an honest man.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien
    Right on, Go Ron! Did anyone see him on the Daily Show last night?.
    I did. Well, it was tronight for me.

He seemed quite intelligent, and to have some principles, many of which made sense.

I infer from this that he has no chance at all?
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Right. In all actuality the most we can reasonably hope for is that he gains enough traction to effect the race by influencing the other candidates. Although my dream is of a vast public outcry and a sweeping Ron Paul acclamation by the masses in November.. chances of happening? I dunno, his odds were recently improved to 100 to 1.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Well, at the moment he's got my vote. If I had one. I guess the UK national resident in the UK demographic isn't top of his hit list, but it's something.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Ron Paul Really 3% Higher in the Polls Says Analyst

Tue Jun 5, 3:01 AM ET

Based on the demographic information of the typical Ron Paul supporter, analyst claims that Ron Paul's support could be 3% higher than actually polled.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Washington DC (PRWEB) June 5, 2007 -- The latest polls show that Ron Paul is barely registering any kind of support but an analyst from USAElectionPolls.com offers a different perspective. Proloy explains that because Ron Paul's base is younger; they may not be correctly represented in the polls.

The web site did not find a big disparity between the percentages of the youth that are likely to vote and those that are polled but as Proloy says "It is not sufficient enough to match up percentages. There is a large number of students away from home in college, many youth do not use a landline, and many voters that were previously disenfranchised with the political process that are likely to flock to Ron Paul."

The web site suggest that as interest in the 2008 election grows and voters go to the Internet, Ron Paul will hold the advantage because of his large amount of Internet support.

USAElectionPolls.com is a centralized location for all of the latest national and state polls and is one of the most visited websites of its kind according to Quantcast Internet ratings.

For more on Ron Paul's natural boost, go to http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008...ral-boost.html

To see how Ron Paul has done in all the national and state polls, go to http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008.../Ron-Paul.html

###

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Well Assassin you could vote any number of ways...

1)Go to Florida and vote. We don't care.
    2)Move to Mexico, cross the border, and vote in any border state.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, so instead of 0 percent he may be as high as 3 percent? Ah, great news that.

The main problem I have with him is the libertarian/leftist fantasy that if we just have free trade with everyone, no one will hate us, and it was because of our involvement in saving Kuwait's butt that they attacked us on 9/11. And that's rather big.

So instead I'm going to support Fred Thompson - a man who's not officially running, hasn't been in any debates, and yet has a much better shot than Mr. Paul, and much higher polling.

EDIT: Mr. EA could also join the dead and illegal aliens in voting in Washington.

Crazed Rabbit
    Last edited by Crazed Rabbit; 06-06-2007 at 02:16.
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

yeah, but good ol Fred is the same old imperialistic warmongering sort like King George. He's a member of the PNAC, you know.

Blog Entries

See, when you throw out simplistic accusations like that, you're not going to convince me.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

accusations? look it up dude. get informed. I just heard him say on Hannity (*** * him for going on to talk to that nut in the first place), but anyways, I just heard him say how important it is to stay in Iraq and fight the fight and our Soldiers are all in high spirits and other like that.. its like, get a clue man.. this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. Oh, and about PNAC, I stand corrected. its AEI he's a fellow with. Not to mention the Council on Foreign Relations. Neocon fascist warhawk groups both.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 06-06-2007 at 06:58.

Blog Entries

And so we see the Dark Horse Running... Unless somebody better steps out from the shadows he has my vote. This is the man American needs. I was all Guiliani (sp?) until this man stepped in.

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

I have to say I really like Ron Paul's record, though I think he at present doesn't have a chance. Right now I think that Hillary will still beat Obama and Edwards and that Guliani will win the GOP nomination. When Hillary and Guliani undoubtably become entrenched in muckraking politics I hope that Paul runs as an Independent, it would allow me to vote for some one I actually support instead of the best of two bad choices.
    The only point I dislike of his is isolationism or non intervention, I believe that the US needs to be actively involved in the world but certainly no more unilateral or premptive wars. Perhaps military participation could be supplemented through very active diplomacy and counter intel, though I don't support us overthrowing governements.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Well if I were American, I would be a Democrat voter, so I don't know how much my vote counts for, but I think that this guy is really genuine. I saw him interviewed on The Daily Show, and he seemed like a genuinely likeable guy with a good policy on Iraq.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Why does Ron Paul sound like a drag act to me?

Odd

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Ja'chyra

Odd
    You are thinking Ru Paul.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ru_Paul

Quote Originally Posted by drone
    You are thinking Ru Paul.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ru_Paul
    That's it.

Sorry but I couldn't vote for him or everytime I saw him I'd be thinking of a big black bloke in a blonde wig.

Anyway, the whole world should vote for Boris Johnson

Blog Entries

or Boris Yeltsin. Oh wait....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien
    accusations? look it up dude. get informed. I just heard him say on Hannity (*** * him for going on to talk to that nut in the first place), but anyways, I just heard him say how important it is to stay in Iraq and fight the fight and our Soldiers are all in high spirits and other like that.. its like, get a clue man.. this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. Oh, and about PNAC, I stand corrected. its AEI he's a fellow with. Not to mention the Council on Foreign Relations. Neocon fascist warhawk groups both.
    Wow. Another person telling all those who disagree or question their simple ad homenims to 'get informed'.

And, of course, the arrogant attitude that politicians who don't toe the line, whatever it is, don't know what they're talking about.

You just can't stop throwing out cliche attacks, can you? I told you simplistic accusations - and that is what they are, and what they will remain until you provide links or similar evidence - won't convince me. Even then, I doubt you have any evidence for your accusations - remember, the deluded ramblings of leftists in some screed don't count.

You know, I used to support Ron Paul above all other GOP contenders - but every once of your support drains whatever support I might have left for him.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

OOh poor me then. You know, its not arrogant to tell you to "get informed". If I believe I am right, then obviously it follows that you are wrong. If I believed you might be right, or I might be wrong, then I wouldnt say something like that. You want me to give you a link that says Thompson is in the AEI?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast