Thread: Choas Dwarfs

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Default Choas Dwarfs

I know there not coming to the first realease , but they might make it for the second ! After a long google search (About 2 minutes) I found there army list, on the main UK GW site

HERE
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Default Re: Choas Dwarfs

They also released a whole sourcebook, (which I incidentaly have). But as you aptly pointed out. That doesn't change the fact that we aren't including them. So I suggest we wait with putting any energy on these for the time being.
    Last edited by DrZoidberg; 06-05-2007 at 18:12.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Once we have the main release done, and any bug-fixes and issues ironed out, we will look at which factions we can add in as add-on's for the mod. I want to see Kislev in there, and there have been requests to add Wood Elves too.

Basically, all we would need would be an achievable model set, enough source material to make the unit selection good, and then find a space on teh map where we can fit them in.

No reason why Chaos Dwarves wouldn't be possible ... we will be making all the skeletons and animations for the normal Dwarves, so the hard work would already have been done. Abokasee ....it is very possible that your army of choice may be along in a later patch/release....so don't give up hope!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Once we have the main release done, and any bug-fixes and issues ironed out, we will look at which factions we can add in as add-on's for the mod. I want to see Kislev in there, and there have been requests to add Wood Elves too.

Basically, all we would need would be an achievable model set, enough source material to make the unit selection good, and then find a space on teh map where we can fit them in.

No reason why Chaos Dwarves wouldn't be possible ... we will be making all the skeletons and animations for the normal Dwarves, so the hard work would already have been done. Abokasee ....it is very possible that your army of choice may be along in a later patch/release....so don't give up hope!
    Well kislev and wood elves especially are much better known factions/races so there good to keep in/add first later,then choas dwarfs because there basically a remodel, and some orc units drafted in... the only other factions that would be added in later pacthes are Araby, and possibly nippon (Araby has a army list for the really small epic scale ones, whilst nippon has none)

oh campain wise, the more choas dwarfs use magic (Sorcerer lords in this case) the more they turn to stone from the feet up, so a trait like "With the ways" or "Cursed By the winds" could repersent this IE at first add +2 to there hit points then +3 etc until it reaches beyond +9 in which by then he turns completely to stone and they cart him away to there main city and use him as a statue with the others of his kind

So heres some images
    Thats the cover of the source book/rule book before it was taken out I beleive
    Hell cannon, Manned by choas dwarfs, Ordered by choas dwarfes, Made by green skin slave labour
    Sorcerer lord on foot i think
    Nice gallary of some choas dwarfes, painting is a bit glossy I reckon
    Another page with choas dwarfs

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Choas Dwarfs

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Well, there's a reason they're not possible : they are out of the map - as shown in the A world to play in ! topic, just like Ogre kingdoms, and other uncovered factions like Hobgoblins, Cathay, Nippon or Indya.

Possible factions on the current maps are, if I'm not mistaking, Wood Elves, Kislev, Arabia and Lahmian vampires (these 4 being covered by many sources), aswell as Estalia, Tilea, Marienburg, Border Princes (who by definition, aren't a faction) and norscan tribes.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Re: Choas Dwarfs

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    Well, there's a reason they're not possible : they are out of the map - as shown in the A world to play in ! topic, just like Ogre kingdoms, and other uncovered factions like Hobgoblins, Cathay, Nippon or Indya.

Possible factions on the current maps are, if I'm not mistaking, Wood Elves, Kislev, Arabia and Lahmian vampires (these 4 being covered by many sources), aswell as Estalia, Tilea, Marienburg, Border Princes (who by definition, aren't a faction) and norscan tribes.
    I'll have none of that Mr Mopey-pants.

They're just off the eastern map edge. So either we extend the map a smidgeon, or we just have them entering on the edge and we treat them as some kind of Chaos Dwarf army of conquest into the Old World. There's plenty of solutions to include them. I personally like Chaos Dwarfs so I'd love to see them included in the future.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Default Re : Re: Re : Re: Choas Dwarfs

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    I'll have none of that Mr Mopey-pants.

They're just off the eastern map edge. So either we extend the map a smidgeon, or we just have them entering on the edge and we treat them as some kind of Chaos Dwarf army of conquest into the Old World. There's plenty of solutions to include them. I personally like Chaos Dwarfs so I'd love to see them included in the future.
    Yeah, so I am. Their ancient assyrian look and huge beards are so kinky. There could always be a reason to include them. For example, although they usually don't leave Zarr-Naghrund (sp?), they decided to help Archaon by offering him the new chaos canons.

The same about Hobgoblins. AFAIK, they are Warhammer world's mongols. An hobgoblin invasion could be triggered, based on the Mongol/Timurid vanilla M2TW event, though it might be a bit too far stretched.

Extending the map isnt an option. Likewise having chaos dwarfs as a horde, they wont be playable, it doesnt gel with their behaviour and really adds very little. The only way they'd be playable is with a provincial campaign, other than that they'd be limited to custom battles.

Default Re: Re : Re: Choas Dwarfs

The lahmian vampires arent likely as a faction, they'd require a seperate culture for female portraits and we need a good few more of those before we give one to a one province faction.

Why not just make all of the map smaller(Including all the terrain)? Yeah? that would work, that way we could get more in, and make the movment range (on the campain map) shorter... Would that be possible

No Making the map smaller so that we could get more in would meant that I would have to start work on it from scratch. Not happening. Besides including the chaos dwarfs and more importantly the ogre kingdoms was considered when the map was being discussed but it would mean including everything south of them as well, an area roughly the size of the old world with pretty much nothing in it.

Oh, When I said make the map smaller, I ment make the terrortories or have you already reached the limet? in that case, just have the choas dwarfs in a special campain, this should be possible after MTW 2:Kingdoms is released, like something called the "Against the hordes" were there would be for factions Various Ork and Goblin tribes, Dwarfs, Choas Dwarfs, Skaven and a few other things

The size or number of the regions is irrelevant if chaos dwarf land isnt on the map. And multiple campaign maps are possible with the current version of the game, they might be considered after the main one is finished.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

On the campaign map, are you planning on including the whole of Naggaroth, and lustria? or just the eastern coasts? you may have to make the boats travel alot farther per turn so it doesnt take 10 turns to cross the sea only to be mobbed by a larger fleet and loose your whole army. Or are you planning on shrinking the sea?
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Default Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Choas Dwarfs

The same about Hobgoblins. AFAIK, they are Warhammer world's mongols. An hobgoblin invasion could be triggered, based on the Mongol/Timurid vanilla M2TW event, though it might be a bit too far stretched.
    If the hobgoblah khan are the warhammer version of mongols....WTF ARE THE 'UNGOLS THEN?!?!

Default Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Choas Dwarfs

Sounds like im flaming you....BUT IM NOT!! lol... I'm just really really wondering about it haha.... cause like theres those 'Ungol Mounted archer mercenaries the Kislev use .... then theres the hobgoblins .... I dont know or have seen much about the hobgoblins thats why im wondering :D

No offense intended :)

The human equivalent.

OOoooooohhh I see....but do they have their own wars and stuff? Because really... I highly doubt real mongols would allow themselves to be downgraded by ugly man eating hobgoblins.... they would prolly go and slaughter them all themselves har har.... hmm ... mongols.... so much talk abou those mongols makes me hungry for chinese lol *mongolian grill*

There is not a ton of info on the Hobgoblin Hegemony in Warhammer. They seem to be a bit different from regular orcs and goblins, and are more "human" for lack of a better term. For example many of them have hair on their heads. The WFRP adventure Something Rotten in Kislev has quite a bit of material on the north, and has a prolonged encounter with a hobgoblin warband, Habblo's Hobgoblin Heroes. They are nothing like orcs and goblins in other parts of the old world. Hobgoblins often have orcs and goblins in their ranks, as they do alot of slaving/trading. They are definitely a variation on the steppe/nomadic tribe theme. (There are other northern human tribes as well, like the Dolgans who fit the bill on the human side.)

They are your worst nightmare when it comes to greenskins, they have the ferocity and morale of orcs, a bit smaller than your avg orc but stronger than your avg human, but are much more organized. (The fact the Hobgoblin Hegemony exists at all is a testament to that)

Default Re : Choas Dwarfs

Yeah, as I said, they are basically Warhammer Mongols. Not because they are steppe nomads, but because they are the most feared steppe nomads, and have established quite a huge and organised empire (unlike Ungols, Dolgans, Kurgans and Hunsians -or whatever other tribe that share the northern wastes with kurgans).

Hobgoblin leaders also bear the title Khan, and AFAIK, Ungols and human nomads do not (yeah, Khan wasn't exclusive to mongols, but usually, when you hear Khan, you think mongols).

Given that Warhammer World is quite similar to Earth, they also live more or less where medieval Mongols lived, and like Mongols, they quite often fight against Cathay (Warhammer China).

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

I think Gw should come out with at least some or if they already do, more cathay units, maybe even an army. They certainly have enough originality so it wouldnt be like any other race
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste