Thread: Hello, and a question.

Default Hello, and a question.

This question likely belongs somewhere else, but as this is apparantly the only place I can start a new thread, I might as well ask here.

But first, hi everyone. I've played Rome: Total War for a long time and am now on sort of a Medieval kick.

Now, as such, I'm trying to apply a lot of Rome related things to Medieval : Total War. One thing that bugs me is fleets. How do I get armies on them for transport? Thanks.

Default Re: Hello, and a question.

sorry for posting twice, it won't let me edit. If it matters, I'm playing Viking Invasion as the Saxons.

Warm welcomes from the Grace, rockoutloud1213!

I used to have that problem to with fleets. Apparently if I recall correctly, you must first have a ship in a specific water and you can just drag an army over that specific water. If it is controlled by an enemy, you must seize it. If I am incorrect I'm sorry, perhaps Martok will correct me.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Hello, and a question.

Welcome to the Org, rockoutloud1213 . God's Grace is correct. You do not need to load your men onto ships in order to transport them over the sea. Have look at this thread for the details.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

May i suggest rockoutloud1213 that you post further questions that you may have in the Main Hall(https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=20): a dedicated crew of veterans of the game will be delighted to answer them, make suggestions about interesting modifications and other oddities of MTW, that is indeed very different than RTW.

Many Thanks

Noir

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Welcome to the Org, rockoutloud1213.

To move troops overseas, you have to have the following:

1.) The "origin" province (the province your men are starting in) *must* have a port.

2.) You must have at least one ship in *each* sea region between your origin province and your "destination" province. (It's generally wise to keep a stack of at least 2-3 ships in each sea region you occupy.)

2a.) There can be no enemy ships in those same sea regions. If there is, you'll have to destroy them first (or at least chase them off).

3.) If you wish to move troops back and forth, then the destination province must have a port as well as the origin province. Important note: Any army invading a province by sea will automatically destroy the port there, and will therefore be unable to return home until the port is rebuilt.

If you have any other questions about MTW, feel free to post them in the Main Hall. Junior members can actually post in most game-related forums now.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Hi Rockoutloud123!

I'll make a tiny addition to what Martok said: you have one slight exception: the vikings: the vikings don't need ports to embark/disembark: so as soon as you have a chain of boat, this'll do!!

Yes: you can plunder completely a region, then leave it as quickly as you came. And let those christians do the rebuild!

Last edited by Caerfanan; 06-11-2007 at 16:38.

Welcome to the Org Rockoutloud123

All answers that you need is written.. I only want to say welcome to you !
    The Truth is from thy Lord; so be not at all in doubt. The Heifer (Al-Baqarah)-147

Post Re: Hello, and a question.

Welcome rockoutloud1213!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed