Thread: Where is download link ?

Default Where is download link ?

Plz i need download link to play Ran No Jidai in RTW Mode, It's too impressive me, plz i neen it now ( or pay someting ?, i can handle of it)

Default Re: Where is download link ?

Hello, sorry but no download link yet... The work on the mod is not over... When everything will be done, we will annnouce it...
    Forgive my english, didn't practice for years !

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Thks so much, but when will it be done ???? I really want to play it now ! I hate to wait for something :(

lol,it´s funny when people don´t read anything(where they could find out that the mod isn´t finished yet)and disturbs the modders -.-
    FIRST READ;THAN ASK!

less disturbed modders,earlyer finished mod

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio1710
    lol,it´s funny when people don´t read anything(where they could find out that the mod isn´t finished yet)and disturbs the modders -.-
    FIRST READ;THAN ASK!

less disturbed modders,earlyer finished mod

Well said !

It's not good just to release for the sake of it, but the mod looks fairly mature and a demo release wouldn't go amiss. A single Historical Battle with some of the units perhaps? It helps promote the mod, maintain interest which helps in the long run.

I understand you, but, IMO, I prefer the coders to use their time to code the full version than a demo... What do you think ?

I still think it would be cool to release a demo..but when,just with a few units,to keep the full mod interestig...perhaps a skirmish battle where you can only use early samurai and so on

Wink Re: Where is download link ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seijitai
    I understand you, but, IMO, I prefer the coders to use their time to code the full version than a demo... What do you think ?
    It's often not that simple; a demo would garner interest across the whole Org and it's possible that the mod team would find that they have more offers of help from people with experience modding TW games.
    Which would speed things up in the long run.

It also helps to get community feedback to make sure that the mod has not gone off track somewhere which won't be spotted by people to close to the project.

Anyway, they've clearly chosen to be closed door, but I just hope the mod doesn't do what so many others I've seen do and fade away with no releases bar pretty screenshots.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

It's nice to see this mod is still being worked on.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    It's nice to see this mod is still being worked on.
    Thanks Tosa. Lets hope this mod gets finished also eventually.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Sincerely, i doubt this mod will be released one day...u

Thank you, this kind of support is really what we need... It' not the first time I find this kind of comment from you on the net Templar, so why don't you head back to your own forum and mind your own mod ?

hmmm.... I have no lesson to receive from you : I'm alone to work on BoA and i had the time to make 2 versions of my mod. In the same time you don't succeed to release your project and units balancing and tests are finished. Now we'll work on original soundtrack for BoA.
    I finished my project today
    Release date of BoA : 15 sept 2007 !

I have no lesson to receive from you either... As I know, you were not always alone to work on this mod... But it seems you forgot it... You try to compare us... Why ? Your mod is for multiplayer only no ?

Ran no Jidai is a full conversion of BI and we try to keep it the more accurate we can... You and us don't match the same goal... So don't try to compare us please... By the way, congratulation for your release...

both mods are awesome. it dosent matter HOW long it takes just that it gets DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Seijitai
    You and us don't match the same goal... So don't try to compare us please...
    On all forums we had this style of discussion, you always defend you with this sentence.
    I confirm i was nearly alone to work on my project : China and Mongolia results of a partnership with hoggy but japanese factions are entirely made by myself and it is the same for interface, texturing and coding.
    The problem with RnJ is there is never expectations about release date. That's a pity.
    I know from Taneda that you follow a graphical inspiration from TomteofDoom but you followed a wrong way for textures realism.
    It's sad to multiple textures like cartoon textures but in this case why announced you as realistic and historically correct mod?
    As example : https://img134.imageshack.us/img134/743/11ve2.jpg
    Personally, i never saw armors with this colors in Soma-Noma-oi reconstitutions or in museum armors.
    But i saw such armors in samurai toys for childs.

Of course we always use this sentence to defend ourselves, cause it's real...
    Excuse me, but there is no comparison possible between the amount of work to make a multiplayer conversion and a TOTAL conversion...

About the release date... We will announce it when we will know it... Right now, the mod is progressing well, and the recruitments gave us the men we needed to finish the mod... One of them is translating some clans history directly from the japanese online database, an other is creating the buildings and so... Ran no Jidai will be released because enough members, me included, want to release it...

About the textures realism... You have the right to do not like them ! You're not the first one who dislike them either... But many people like them too... I won't enter in a debate about our graphical inspiration, as it's just a matter of feelings... But i must just confess that it seems a large amount of people, japanese included, sengoku historical fans, ..., likes what you call our "samurai toys for childs"...

High Templar.Im pretty sure that we havent critizised the Battles of Asia mod anywhere in your forums and i would appreciate if these two mod projects could be done without throwing any insults in the direction of the other project.
    I simply dont see any benefit in that. About realism i wont go into commenting about that since i dont want to go down on a path which would only turn into insults.

Cheers,

Kage
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Defender Troll Member Revolting Friendship's Avatar

High_templar:

Sure there is a slight cartoonish touch to our textures at large, I know this, I don't mind this. The thing is there can also be realistic and historical cartoons, there are also cartoons full of hype and bullshit.

I'd like to think that, while our graphics might be a bit cartoonish, they are still mostly historical and realistic none the less. There has been a lot of different people and talents working on our mod, thats a good thing but it can also limit the vision of individuals in the team. I'll admit that if I had full freedom and also the time and knowledge to do all the graphics(textures/models/animations) myself, things would look quite a lot different. Not saying better, but definately different.
    Now, you are an intelligent person I'm sure, you should be able to appriciate the difference, between historical accuracy and photorealism.

Moreover I frankly don't understand what the point of this little visit was. At least not if I'm to assume you're a nice, mature person. There are not two mod projects that are the same, not in the making, not in the result.
    lol

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

I'm watching this, and not enjoying it. To keep them fresh in your mind, read the forum rules before continuing this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha
    High Templar.Im pretty sure that we havent critizised the Battles of Asia mod anywhere in your forums and i would appreciate if these two mod projects could be done without throwing any insults in the direction of the other project.
    I simply dont see any benefit in that. About realism i wont go into commenting about that since i dont want to go down on a path which would only turn into insults.

Cheers,

Kage
    Correction, Taneda Santoka critizised a lot BoA on www.total-war.fr forums and with a lot of defiance and aggressivity.
    Moreovere Taneda insults my project by telling BoA is an “asian taste battles project” but it wasn't a joke but a full bitterness critic. He became out of control and destroyed the good environment in the BoA forum.
    I'm very disappointed concerning his behavior. In addition he treated me of an unskilled man to ma ke a realistic samurai armor.

Quote Originally Posted by high_templar
    Correction, Taneda Santoka critizised a lot BoA on www.total-war.fr forums and with a lot of defiance and aggressivity.
    Moreovere Taneda insults my project by telling BoA is an “asian taste battles project” but it wasn't a joke but a full bitterness critic. He became out of control and destroyed the good environment in the BoA forum.
    I'm very disappointed concerning his behavior. In addition he treated me of an unskilled man to ma ke a realistic samurai armor.
    It sounds like what have happened has been between you and Taneda. Im not aware of that kind of developments and i cant see how the RNJ team could be held responsible collectively on what might have happened in French TW forums. I think that if there are issues between you and him,you should communicate privately between eachother to fix any issues there might be, but i dont see that Totalwar.org is a place for that kind of discussions in public.
    I myself only follow English language TW forums,becouse of the simple reason that i dont talk French. I have never had any intention to make BOA look in bad light and i dont intend to do so either in the future.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Hello High Templar. If there has been an argument or issue between yourself and Taneda at another forum, then please resolve it with the moderators of that forum.

Don't bring your arguments here. This is not the forum, nor the right subforum for such discussions. The comments in this thread are getting close to personal attacks, these aren't tolerated here. I don't care to know the provocation, as I said it should be resolved with the moderators of www.total-war.fr.

I, and I'm sure none of the patrons here, wish to witness your argument. It seems the dispute is between yourself and Taneda, and does not involve the RNJ team as a whole. For now, this thread is closed.

Move along, nothing to see here