Thread: In EBBS - Roma or Rome ?

Default In EBBS - Roma or Rome ?

Hi.

In the EBBS_SCRIPT.txt file, there are many conditions about the city of Rome like:

Code:
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Roma (...)
    However, I think the correct variable is Rome not Roma:

- In the descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt the name is Rome;

- In the CAMPAIGN_SCRIPT.txt there are only references to the variable Rome and not Roma

- In the DESCR_REGIONS.txt the city of Latium2 is Rome

The only places where the name Roma is used is in the files:

- barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (if using BI)
    - imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

AFAIK these 2 files just above only control the names that appear in the map.

I made a test and apparently the name Roma is not recognized, but I would have to make more tests to confirm that we are facing a bug. I'm pretty sure it is, unless you have more info that I don't have.

Did someone noticed this too?

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Default Re: In EBBS - Roma or Rome ?

I've searched out this earlier, resulting in the typo fix that is incorporated in 0.81a V2. It's tricky knowing which file is the master when it's spread out everywhere... My belief is that EB/Data/text/imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt is the master which the rest of the files must match. The trick here is that some commands use internal settlement name, and some use display name. Rome has internal name Rome and displayname Roma, so everything *should* be ok.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    I've searched out this earlier, resulting in the typo fix that is incorporated in 0.81a V2. It's tricky knowing which file is the master when it's spread out everywhere... My belief is that EB/Data/text/imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt is the master which the rest of the files must match. The trick here is that some commands use internal settlement name, and some use display name. Rome has internal name Rome and displayname Roma, so everything *should* be ok.
    Ok. I went searching in archives and found someone saying that in EBBS, you must use the display name (that appears in the campaign map) and not the internal map.

This is incredible indeed...

Thanks for your info.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by JMRC
    Ok. I went searching in archives and found someone saying that in EBBS, you must use the display name (that appears in the campaign map) and not the internal map.
    That's just wrong. As bovi says, i depends on the command being used.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

EB Traitor Member BozosLiveHere's Avatar

To expand on Atilius' post: all conditionals, with the exception of SettlementName ask for the internal (in this case Rome) settlement name.