Thread: ‘Will of the Senate’ EB Edition?

Default ‘Will of the Senate’ EB Edition?

I was wondering how many of you would be interested in an EB version of a ‘Will of the senate’ ?

For those of you who don’t know what the will of the senate is (Which would surprise me since it was played on these forums) it’s a cooperative AAR where each player takes on one or more senators in the Roman faction. One player is chosen as a keeper of the save files and takes orders for the players; once a battle occurs the save game is E-mailed to the player of the General in question. The player then fights the battle, takes screen shots, writes up some commentary and/or a story then E-mails it all back to the host.

This is basically what inspired me to start playing RTW and later on EB.

The reason I wanted to do this in EB was due to the in-depth trait and reforms system in EB. The Writers of the original will of the senate were able to write an Epic tale in a moded version of RTR. Imagine what we can do in EB!

Now that being said I think we need to decide on a few things before we start;
    1. I think we should use the original RTW.exe (as opposed to BI.exe) this will let more people join
    2. I think that the first cohort mod is a must
    3. I think that the sheep’s version of the money script should be used
    4. I think we should use Eduorius’ model for our legions;

Camilian/ Polybian

1 General
    Infantry
    2 units of velites
    2 units of Hastati
    2 units of Principes
    1 unit of Triarii
    4 units of Italic infantry (Lucanian, Samnite, Extraordinarii, etc)
    Cavalry
    1 unit of Equites
    1 unit of Equites Extraordinarii or other Italic cavalry

Marian

1 General
    Infantry
    1 unit of aquila cohort
    9 units of cohors reformata
    Light infantry
    2 units of missile auxilia
    Cavalry
    2 units of cavalry auxilia

Imperial
    1 General
    Infantry
    1 unit of aquila cohort imperatoria
    9 units of cohorts imperatorial
    2 units of missile auxilia
    2 units of infantry auxilia
    1 unit of cohort praetoriana
    Cavalry
    2 units of cavalry auxilia

5. I think we should stop the AAR when we complete the victory conditions AND a character is crowned Emperor.

6. I think we may end up playing out our civil wars on a RTR engine but if some one can mod multi-player Romans that would be great.

7. I would like to mod the EBBS script in order to make parts of the Parthian Empire subjugate able.

8. Now I have an Idea for enhancing the game over all (but most importantly the civil war).
    When a settlement is romanized it would become part of a collection of two to five regions called provinces each would be like a mini country with its own capitol. Each province would have a controller of it who would decide what would be built there. The senate would give orders to these controllers, but the controller could just ignore them (this would have its own consequences but hey you could still do it). Control of a province would be detrmined by points;

Each influence point you have while in a province - 1 point
    Owning a farm in the province – 2 points
    Being in province’s capitol – 3 points
    Owning a latifundia in the province – 5 points
    Being appointed as governor of a province by the senate – 20 points

So during times of conflict the person with the highest point count would control the province.

Well hopefully that wasn’t to long of a read.
    Feel free to challenge anything I’ve put up.

Roma Victrix!
    Fighting for truth Justice and the Roman way.

Decied to play how we should play Rome Carthage here

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: ‘Will of the Senate’ EB Edition?

Somebody said roma victrix!! congartulations

I would certintely be interested, but I would say this, could we not do some faction other than the Romans, who have, afterall already been done. I nearly got an interactive PBeM going for the Qarthadastim, but it fell through due to my modem being fried by a thunder storm.

Qarthadastim had a senate after all, so there would be plenty of opertunity for players to affect the outcome progress of the game and the barcid/antibarcid situation would be fasinating if the characters were controled by humans.

on which note Roma Victa!
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 06-09-2007 at 00:14.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Default Re: ‘Will of the Senate’ EB Edition?

Yay Latin classes!

I was considering doing the Qarthadaastim or a barbarian faction but I reconsidered because I know next to nothing a about the government of the other factions (At least compared to the Romans), and I really like the role-play during Roman on Roman battles.

But once some more people join up we can vote on it
    :)

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

I'm in, sounds fun, I've read people doing somthing like this b4 and it looked really fun, so i guess ill give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by MastaSpoofa
    I'm in, sounds fun, I've read people doing somthing like this b4 and it looked really fun, so i guess ill give it a go
    Sweet.

Well The guys at the throne room wrote what inspired me:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65721

I think the RTR forums are doing one too.

Guys I'm going to be going away for the next couple of weeks so I'll either need some one to stand in for me (I'd like at least one more person to join in before we get started) or we'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

Yeah I'm gone until friday this week, so, yeah. I guess we have to delay it for a bit.

Hey, I have watched these forums for ages and never registered, but an EB senate AAR would be brilliant. I'm already a member of the RTR version (one of the consuls in fact ). I would really like to see what you guys have in mind. I am here to help if you wanna know how the RTR version works as it is a very interesting setup. You'll probably get people from the RTR one on here for this...like me for one.
    Do you find something funny with the name Biggus Dickus?

in the EB PBeM

Ha, nice name!

Anyways, ya that sounds like a great idea.
    "Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"~~Archimedes

assuming that you are talking about my name, thank you. It was inspirational for me as I have that lisp and have a problem pronouncing my 'r's. A terribly, debilitating curse, but also a quite funny one.

in the EB PBeM

I'm back! But only for a moment! Glad to see that this thread hasn't fallen in to the abyss. I need to ask Teleklos if we can host the threads here or if we should move to the throne room. Well see you next week!

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

if I can only get FRAPS to work on my dang vista. Norton antivirus is a pain sometimes....
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

wel i'm back too, and rdy when u are

Wow, I never have played an PBEM (I was near to play one in Extended Greeks Mod, but it never happenes) and I've never have heard in the senate one, but I would love to try, sounds pretty cool!!!

Would each person control one character on the actual game map, or could it be a family. So that you can control your family and help it gain more and more power. This would be quite cool for civil wars if rival families have to gain the suport of the other families. Just an idea. This would probably mean playing into the game a bit so that there are enough families for people, and you may need to have people leave your family and start new ones for newcomers if say, the characters are unloyal? Not wholy sure how it will work, but it's just a thought.

in the EB PBeM

I don't think thats ever been done, and IMHO, one player controling one FM is more anyway. But if we do the Qarthadastei, for example, then we would have the barcid-antibarcid factions strugling for a majority in the senate.

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

I'll nose around as the first ex-WotS (I think) to post here. Can I be an assassin?
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

I'm game for it! Though I'm really better as a fighter than a senator. XD Here once a week, and looking for fun!

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Once a week will make for a slow game, you've got to be available at pretty short notice to fight the battles for your character.

Also, the generals double as generals and senators.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Yeah, two days or so would be about reasonable, would it not?

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?