I was wondering how many of you would be interested in an EB version of a ‘Will of the senate’ ?

For those of you who don’t know what the will of the senate is (Which would surprise me since it was played on these forums) it’s a cooperative AAR where each player takes on one or more senators in the Roman faction. One player is chosen as a keeper of the save files and takes orders for the players; once a battle occurs the save game is E-mailed to the player of the General in question. The player then fights the battle, takes screen shots, writes up some commentary and/or a story then E-mails it all back to the host.

This is basically what inspired me to start playing RTW and later on EB.

The reason I wanted to do this in EB was due to the in-depth trait and reforms system in EB. The Writers of the original will of the senate were able to write an Epic tale in a moded version of RTR. Imagine what we can do in EB!

Now that being said I think we need to decide on a few things before we start;
1. I think we should use the original RTW.exe (as opposed to BI.exe) this will let more people join
2. I think that the first cohort mod is a must
3. I think that the sheep’s version of the money script should be used
4. I think we should use Eduorius’ model for our legions;

Camilian/ Polybian

1 General
Infantry
2 units of velites
2 units of Hastati
2 units of Principes
1 unit of Triarii
4 units of Italic infantry (Lucanian, Samnite, Extraordinarii, etc)
Cavalry
1 unit of Equites
1 unit of Equites Extraordinarii or other Italic cavalry

Marian

1 General
Infantry
1 unit of aquila cohort
9 units of cohors reformata
Light infantry
2 units of missile auxilia
Cavalry
2 units of cavalry auxilia

Imperial
1 General
Infantry
1 unit of aquila cohort imperatoria
9 units of cohorts imperatorial
2 units of missile auxilia
2 units of infantry auxilia
1 unit of cohort praetoriana
Cavalry
2 units of cavalry auxilia

5. I think we should stop the AAR when we complete the victory conditions AND a character is crowned Emperor.

6. I think we may end up playing out our civil wars on a RTR engine but if some one can mod multi-player Romans that would be great.

7. I would like to mod the EBBS script in order to make parts of the Parthian Empire subjugate able.

8. Now I have an Idea for enhancing the game over all (but most importantly the civil war).
When a settlement is romanized it would become part of a collection of two to five regions called provinces each would be like a mini country with its own capitol. Each province would have a controller of it who would decide what would be built there. The senate would give orders to these controllers, but the controller could just ignore them (this would have its own consequences but hey you could still do it). Control of a province would be detrmined by points;

Each influence point you have while in a province - 1 point
Owning a farm in the province – 2 points
Being in province’s capitol – 3 points
Owning a latifundia in the province – 5 points
Being appointed as governor of a province by the senate – 20 points

So during times of conflict the person with the highest point count would control the province.

Well hopefully that wasn’t to long of a read.
Feel free to challenge anything I’ve put up.

Roma Victrix!